Luken Networks could head to Auction Block

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He’s just playing games so he can write it all off as a loss. It’s to his benefit for it to fail now.. It can not possibly succeed, it bleeds cash so it has no where to go but down, down, down..
He’s going to capitalize on this..

I agree, you see the evidence is that unfortunately for those of us who like the FTA hobby, is that once Luken acquired RTV, it just went downhill from there, his other tv networks included.
Once he acquired RTN and turned it into RTV, the programming went from very good to watchable, at the beginning most folks could mention at least about a dozen shows on their RTV faves list, after 2011, most folks would only find a few number of watchable shows.
Then many of us FTA fans, were put in the dark, when due to that evident business mismanagement, Luken had to turn off the Ku feeds for RTV, PBJ, and Tuff.

But in the meantime, Mr Luken has been playing and having fun under the sun, acquiring golf courses and all that. (see links below)

I´m thankful for the time I was able to enjoy RTV.
And for the folks who still have access to it and find something good there, Enjoy it while it lasts :D

Henry Luken acquires two Chattanooga golf courses

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/apr/28/entrepreneur-acquires-two-local-clubs/

Henry Luken acquires his fourth golf course
Henry Luken Has Winning Bid For Valleybrook Golf Course, Country Club
“This is a good old golf course,” he said. “It just needs a little TLC (tender loving care).”

As far as future changes, Mr. Luken, who also owns the local Battlefield, Eagle Bluff and Montlake courses, said he planned to get some of his golf course maintenance staff to look at Valleybrook before making any decisions. But he imagined he would be using more chemicals to improve the grass.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/8/22/257570/Henry-Luken-Has-Winning-Bid-For.aspx

Henry Luken lands Valleybrook golf course for $950,000
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/23/henry-luken-lands-valleybrook-golf-course-950000-a/

Had he put some TLC on his TV business, as he did for his golf properties, I wouldn´t be having this rant.:D

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Retro TV has been gone in the Nashville area for several months. The fellow that had it in a block of classic channels is now showing Country Clips, which is the channel he replaced with Cozi TV. Not sure at this point if Retro will be back or not.

Wow...... They don’t even broadcast it OTA in Chattanooga? THAT IS SAD...
Oh and besides his affinity to collect golf courses, let us not forget his other hobby of collecting super yachts.

http://www.superyachts.com/motor-yacht-3369/top-five.htm

http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/sep/13/staying-afloat-christensen-shipyards-in-vancouver/

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 9.19.04 PM.png

Reactions: DJdish
So yeah, I remember very well the time when RTV was all important to me. They had such excellent content. I watched it pretty much all day and night, 7 days a week.
That was the one channel I could not and would not live without. But when he started pouring gasoline on everything and was tossing road flares around. It went to pot and it became a channel that had a few things I liked but I wouldn’t have a hissy if I missed a day or two. It’s been downhill ever since.

I remember when White Springs did the same thing, then they went off air for a “reboot” with a promise to be back, bigger and better. That of course was rubbish and never happened so they put up an internet feed, a very, very lame, low resolution, low quality feed that was .WMA and non windows computers did not like that. And now even that is gone.

I’ll bet there will be a hollow promise of IPTV after it’s all burnt down to a pile of smoking cinders. I heard rumors floated in the past that he was going to provide some special IPTV STB system and shut down the satellites. BLAH BLAH BLAH.... Just like Charlie Brown’s teacher....

Stick a fork in it..

Hi, did I miss something about RTV? I can't seem to get the 87 West C-Band. Are they down because of watch is going on? Maybe I need to do some fine tuning! Anyway, just asking. Can't pull them in! Thanks!

Hi, did I miss something about RTV? I can't seem to get the 87 West C-Band. Are they down because of watch is going on? Maybe I need to do some fine tuning! Anyway, just asking. Can't pull them in! Thanks!

Coming in fine here on the 6 footer.

Wow! What's with that TV-MA rating? I don't remember seeing any Harvey Toons like that!:eek:;)

That would be the "special" episode!

It’s just that on my Dish Network 211k the sub channel is new and unknown to them apparently guide info isn’t being transmitted or shared or however it’s done so while the ATSC tuner built into it can tune the channel it knows nothing at all about it so I guess it puts it into a safe zone in case people that use rating limits won’t accidentally be exposed to some new, unsavory material.
Treat new, unknown, untrusted channels as potential trouble and put them in the sand box.. I guess..

ALL the channels that the tuner doesn’t have guide info are treated that way. Even ThisTV and LPBS is flagged that way..

vlcsnap-2014-07-30-10h11m22s6.png

You know what would be cool? Put the Luken stuff on Roku channels. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper that any other method of delivery.
Then there are no concerns about DMA’s like you have when trying to rebroadcast it over the air.

Regarding real retro programming, I think that since 3 years ago, Me TV, even Antenna TV and then COZI have much better retro programming than RTV.

Reading the other threads about CHIPS and Superman coming to Me tv and Here´s Lucy to COZI, can´t help to compare about the bad news surrounding RTV like the title on this thread.
:D

So if the network is sold most new owners will scramble anything that is left and we will still loose everything?
I will miss METV.

Do you REALLY think people will pay for the crap programming RTV broadcasts? I don't. It's good enough now and again for free stuff, but barely. There's no way this will be sold to anybody else. Luken will end up buying it right back at auction. You can bet on that.

Also, Luken/RTV has nothing to do with METV, entirely different owner and programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)