Mad Scientist

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
A cool way to scare people. Hook a couple headlights with a flasher module and a loudspeaker with and fm radio tunned to static atatched, to my satellite dish, in the acautor wiring. Then hook the uhf antenna out to a real antenna instead of that dinky one on the receiver. Then I will sit outside with the remote behind my back in the dark, when someone walks near the dish, I press the east button on my remote, then the dish will move, the headlights will blink, and static wil blare out of the loudspeaker, it would make any non satellite person think a ufo landed. Before you say, "Your crazy" i am really thinking about doing this. Has anyone ever done this?

I get a vision...

I can see you rubbing your hands together laughing a deep sinister laugh...:devil:

Might scare the dicken's out of some folks. :eek:

Sane Question Here, CAN you hook the uhf antenna out to a big antenna instead of those dinky ones that come with it? Would it extend the range?

A cool way to scare people. Hook a couple headlights with a flasher module and a loudspeaker with and fm radio tunned to static atatched, to my satellite dish, in the acautor wiring. Then hook the uhf antenna out to a real antenna instead of that dinky one on the receiver. Then I will sit outside with the remote behind my back in the dark, when someone walks near the dish, I press the east button on my remote, then the dish will move, the headlights will blink, and static wil blare out of the loudspeaker, it would make any non satellite person think a ufo landed. Before you say, "Your crazy" i am really thinking about doing this. Has anyone ever done this?

I hope you know CPR... You probably gonna use it if you scare someone into a heart attack, or stroke. And have a good attorney to represent you when being sued...

Well, if someone can even get THAT close to your dishes, you should just SHOOT them for trespassing on your property! ;)

Just kidding, (or am I? ) but seriously, I'd at LEAST nail them a couple times with a paint-ball gun! In fact, that's a better idea! Hook a paintball gun up to your dish with a solenoid, and really scare the crap out of trespassers!!! :D

We had a thread here last year, where someone was having his dish vandalized in his back yard.
Yea, more than once.
You should have seen the ideas we came up with for that.

Not sure how to search for it, but it was somewhere in the FTA section, and used words like "shoot", "vandalize", "explosive", "dog", "electrocute", .... you get the idea. ;)

you know this reminds me of a story i told my techno-geek boss a few years back

get a bunch of unused dishes (dn or dtv type) and line them up on the ground , mount them on their small poles and get an old windshield wiper motor and some clothes hangers set the dishes about 1 ft apart and hook them together with the clothes hangers and watch them rotate back and forth like a radar.... boy would that have those satellite guys hopping :) plus drive the neighbors crazy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)