MAJOR Announcement for Android XBMC STB By FridgeFTA: On Satellite Nation April 16th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MAJOR Announcement for Android XBMC STB By FridgeFTA: On Satellite Nation Apr...

The Android STB does not need another Android to decode 4:2:2. This is done internally.

The app that you are confusing is for streaming from the miniHD SE to an Android.

These Android STBs are Google Store certified or capable and can download any android developed app. You have a choice of several browsers. This is the beauty of an Android based receiver. It is also a fully functioning Android system. Load apps, codecs, widgets...

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
thanks for the links. it looks very cool and more than likely i'll be getting one. i admittedly only skimmed some of the forum content but didn't see it specifically mentioned but can it decode 4:2:2?

Tonight's the night to have all of your questions answered!!!!! :)

Listen to the show live at 8PM ET/ 5PM PT here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/satelliteguys/2014/04/17/satellite-nation

If something is not discussed that you want to know about this new box, call in and ask Joe personally. ;)

Call in number is 347-327-9319 or 1-800-SAT-GUYS that 800-728-4897!!!

1 Hour till show time!

If you missed the show you missed a lot. This is one you will want to take time to listen to. I really think this new box will change the way you view FTA.

If you missed it listen here: Satellite Nation Episode 54

That announcement should warrant a nice little sale on the Mini HD SE!:)

Not from FridgeFTA store it won't. I can't speak for the other Authorized Amiko Retailers though.

Mini SE and the AMIKO Android are like comparing apples to oranges.

Mini SE is ALi based. Our ALi boxes do one thing well: True FTA satellite. Yes, we have some bells and whistles on there if you care to plug a cable into the ethernet port but these are no A1/A2 or "advanced" STB's. Many guys here still think a FTA receiver shouldn't dare play media or stream from the internet. Fine, Mini HD SE is a satellite receiver first and foremost, don't plug it into the internet. Also remember there are still many of us in areas with only dial up or satellite internet available. They want FTA satellite, not internet features. Mini SE type STB's will always have a place in our offerings and we can't clearance price them just because a super advanced FTA/internet STB is landing.

Again I speak for FridgeFTA Retail and myself only. If one of our Amiko retailers wants to clearance price the Mini SE that is up to them but I would not count on it.

Lak7 said:
I missed it, what was the MAJOR Announcement?

Joe is going away for 2 weeks to taste test beer :) lucky him

chadg2 said:
That announcement should warrant a nice little sale on the Mini HD SE!:)

Butter up ke4est tell him he's the best thing since slice bread then ask for a discount :)

lak7 go HERE and FF to about the 18-20 minute mark and have a listen. ;)

I'm sure there are deaf/hard of hearing/not convenient to listen to audio right now readers who would appreciate a summary of the radio show's announcement(s). I fall into the last category.

- Trip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brand loyality STACK

Bing background?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts