Status
Please reply by conversation.

T134

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
As the NA distributor for Amiko it doesn't count if I can stack drone STB's to the ceiling. I might have a 100 to 1 advantage over everyone else lol.

However I'm an actual person and True FTA Hobbyist. If you consider that I ever get any off time, here is what is going on under my personal TV.

IMG_20140417_011056_zps7a19deee.jpg

From bottom to top...

Amiko Alien2 Triple Tuner S2/S2/DVB-T/C. Yup covered in dust because it is a personal item at this point and a fixture. It never moves. Also the only live display in the stack cause I am always using it for something.

XBMC Android STB. The poor thing is 100x more advanced than anything in NA yet it just got cancelled hardcore. Tonight's Satellite Nation episode tells of the death of kings. Still in the "stack" though for ATSC/HDhomerun until Jen takes it for the other non-FTA features.

Amiko SHD-8900 Alien ORIGINAL. When I say original, I mean original. This is the very first A1 to land in NA in 2011. Still going strong, still isn't bricked and still working hard.

Amiko Mini HD SE. Yup I use that little hockey puck thing in the stack. Nearly as fast as A1/A2 for loading streams and unlike many brands can make a full TP recording for our engineers to fix any issues.

Philips DVD player. Ancient thing that costs many hundreds of dollars. Accepted something called an optical disc or DVD. Great table stand for 32" TV. Thrown on top of the stack to test something specific for Europe and looks really funny on top of the Mini HD SE.

That stack looks like a good way to over heat an STB! I never stack any of mine for that reason as my original true FTA stb purchase was an Elite and it would probably explode if I did. Yup, it's that hot when it's in use.

Nice pile you have there though.

I remember stacking them back kin the "old days"....when Equity was around and I used VCR's

Attachments

• IM000859.JPG
    IM000859.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Setup 1.JPG
    Setup 1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 121
but nothing tops this....20 analog commercial receivers

Attachments

• PICT0151.JPG
    PICT0151.JPG
    814.2 KB · Views: 136
  • PICT0170.JPG
    PICT0170.JPG
    842.8 KB · Views: 259
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts