major channel lineup changes August 13th,2015

Same here.
Yeah it does not show on the radio screen or in schedule. It is in the program announcements during the songs. Today they seem to have corrected it to "Escape to Love"
Blatter a most appropriate name seems to be behind all these channel "realignments" according to chatter on other groups.

Recent song on SPA to those interested:

Maybe other services are listening, Accu Radio has added a "Beautiful Music" station even though they have 16 others under various names that also qualify.
http://www.accuradio.com/featured/newest/

Perhaps this would have been a better way to have handled escape. Listen carefully for the parallels:

And if Escape does not come back, the new BEZ Channel:

Blue Velvet

First Song:

Anny Votes?

This is what I hate about the internet and why I refuse to participate in social media.

It gives the vocal minority a voice that can be spun to fit an agenda. A few hundred or even thousand people cry about something on Facebook and Twitter and you'd think the vast majority of the population either cares or agrees. When in fact they don't. Thanks to the internet, people no longer understand the concept of majority rules. If Sirius XM thought or had evidence to back up that a good chunk of their subscriber base cared about Escape then it wouldn't have been removed.

Admittidly this can happen. An overload of a server is not necessarily related to social media. It just means that a lot of people tried to get access at once.
SXM made a decision on their own with no vote from the audience. I do not think there is a way for them to track satellite listeners but they could do so with
online. Majority not involved at all. This place "Satellite Guys" is also a form of social media. Specialized interests among members. It also has the ability to "influence".
Now if a vote had been called it is quite possible that people not listening to Escape or any other station that was to be cancelled would have voted to keep it anyway
as a consideration to their fellow listeners.

True, SDARS is a one way signal but Sirius XM can get a pretty good idea of what subscribers are listening to. Between online listening numbers, listener surveys and Arbitron, they can probably gauge things pretty well.

But to answer your above rhetorical question of Whats Next? Absolutely nothing. The very small minority of subscribers who listened to Escape will be upset, voice their opinions, a few many cancel, more will say they're going to cancel but won't, some may start the most useless thing around, an online petition, but in a month from now it will blow over and almost no one will care. There will be no mass exodus.

I remember when XM got rid of Special X and On The Rocks, I remember when Sirius got rid of one of the dance channels, Voritex I think it was. Same thing, lots of crying, little to no action, because the channels had a very small listenership, life went on and the service still exists.

If you like it now, you would have loved it before the merger.

I miss XM.[/QUOTE

I agree. I did not have XM at the very beginning but once i did I did not hear commercials on the music channels----except for some exceptions like the Decades Channels. I miss the diverse playlists of XM. But, as I recall. the large majority of people here thought Sirius was better largely because they had Stern. Some here told me in all seriousness that they liked the Sirius music better because they could supplement it with Stern. That logic always escaped me but well, it seems that we got what we asked for.

True, SDARS is a one way signal but Sirius XM can get a pretty good idea of what subscribers are listening to. Between online listening numbers, listener surveys and Arbitron, they can probably gauge things pretty well.

But to answer your above rhetorical question of Whats Next? Absolutely nothing. The very small minority of subscribers who listened to Escape will be upset, voice their opinions, a few many cancel, more will say they're going to cancel but won't, some may start the most useless thing around, an online petition, but in a month from now it will blow over and almost no one will care. There will be no mass exodus.

I remember when XM got rid of Special X and On The Rocks, I remember when Sirius got rid of one of the dance channels, Voritex I think it was. Same thing, lots of crying, little to no action, because the channels had a very small listenership, life went on and the service still exists.

Sirius never had beautiful musuc, XM did and had better music all around. I think it was "America Beautiful" channel when I started XM. Never considered Sirius at all, thought it was junk and still do.
It apprears that XM is really gone because it now is sounding worse than Sirius in the old days. Yes they may have enough vomitus fans to stay in business with difficult listening which is the major format on almost all broadcast radio. But then like Tampa 8 says there is no point in wasting money on SXM if music is your interest. This is so very correct because I cannot find better low to no fidelity
sound anywhere. No one publishes LO-FI Magazine! What is next well I noted that AccuRadio just launched a beautiful music channel. Did you listen to the WCFL aircheck, the part about the circling vultures?

Another thing of note, Beautiful Music Stations around here that dropped the format some with #1 ratings saw their listenership fall through the basemnt floor and never retuned to prominince. Why? It seems the listeners to those other competing stations stayed right where they were. Talking to someone who was high placed at one of those BEZ staions that flipped said "Do not underestimate the tenacity of BEZ fans, the bad word of mouth advertising was a torpedo below the waterline!" Gee we didn't have Facebook but we did have the Grapevine back then.

Will I cancel? No I have a liftime sub from long ago. However when the radio dies and that means the sub is tied to the life of the radio, I will not be trying to reinstate the sub. There are simply better resources out there.

This is what I hate about the internet and why I refuse to participate in social media.

It gives the vocal minority a voice that can be spun to fit an agenda. A few hundred or even thousand people cry about something on Facebook and Twitter and you'd think the vast majority of the population either cares or agrees. When in fact they don't. Thanks to the internet, people no longer understand the concept of majority rules. If Sirius XM thought or had evidence to back up that a good chunk of their subscriber base cared about Escape then it wouldn't have been removed.
That's exactly what happened here when a local station dropped all the tired old rock and flipped back to new alternative. Maybe 10 or 20 griped constantly about the format change and the removal of the old morning show. I'm friends with the program director & the station is doing much better now in advertising $$. Maybe not an exact comparison since this is a terrestrial station but it's the same situation with the social media people.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
That's exactly what happened here when a local station dropped all the tired old rock and flipped back to new alternative. Maybe 10 or 20 griped constantly about the format change and the removal of the old morning show. I'm friends with the program director & the station is doing much better now in advertising $$. Maybe not an exact comparison since this is a terrestrial station but it's the same situation with the social media people.
It appears that is what happened when 17 Love flipped from AC to MOR in the last few days. Escape is another matter, all format moves don't go well.

FOX News Headlines 24/7 launches Oct. 5 with round-the-clock news http://blog.siriusxm.com/2015/10/01/fox-news-headlines-247-launches-oct-5-with-round-the-clock-news/
FOX News anchors Shepard Smith and Bill Hemmer are helping us kick off our brand new channel: FOX News Headlines 24/7!Starting Oct. 5, Channel 115 is your new destination for round-the-clock news: Real-time headlines on breaking news, national stories, politics, business, entertainment, sports, social media trends and more.
The first voice on the new channel will be that of Hemmer, co-anchor of FOX News Channel’s America’s Newsroom. He’ll kick off the day’s top news stories on FOX News Headlines 24/7 starting at 6 am ET on October 5. Shepard Smith, anchor of Shepard Smith Reporting and the network’s chief news anchor and managing editor for breaking news, will be on at 6 pm ET.Hemmer and Smith will hand off the baton to a dedicated team of FOX News journalists who will update listeners 24/7, 365 days a year.

SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Dear Loyal Listener,
We want you to know that Caliente will move to channel 158 on your Sirius radio on October 8. Until then, you can still listen to Caliente on channel 69.

Thanks for listening,
Your SiriusXM Team

Please note: this is not a promotional e-mail. As a SiriusXM subscriber, you will periodically receive important service-related notices via e-mail.Have you moved or changed your billing information? Please take a minute now to update your account information.

You can read our entire Privacy Policy.

Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
www.siriusxm.com

© 2015 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts