major channel lineup changes August 13th,2015

A few observations:

Glad to see better organization when it comes to the Sports channels.

I have no idea who Andy Cohen is.

For the new online channels, the pop channels sounds like The Pulse, Turbo sounds like a version of Octane that plays a little bit of some of the older stuff.

I've heard of Escape, but without looking it up have no idea what kind of music is on that channel. I looked it up, and it's 'Beautiful Music' I have no idea what that means. So I looked up Beautiful Music and I can't say I understand what type of music it is.

Looks like those latino 'diversity' channels weren't doing so hot.
Regarding Beautiful Music:
A lot of people don't know. Actually it covers many genre of music. If its pretty we play it, If it is not forget it. The general rule. However the original concept is still available on WQEZ Birminghan AL. To understand you must listen to it for awhile. Some people say it feels like their mind is being reprogrammed. And yes there was the bogus stuff where beat tracks from a synthesizer were tacked on to a melodic piece causing the beat to be in the foreground and the actual music almost hidden in the background. Harshness was correct about this.

Agree with that Asket. Will be cancelling service after many years in a few days. But I have a 2nd internet radio on the way from Amazon. It will replace the XM radio in the bedroom. Now I have to figure out what to do with 2 XM radios with remotes, boombox, home kit and car kit.???? All in good working order.
Good question, are those radios tied to you for life or can they be resold? My sub is for the life of the radio which could be short since the last time they did stuff like this it came close to death. I belive in good care even for the hopelessly dying and it got well again after a few months. Now I am listening on line to WQEZ out of Birmingham and it sort of kicks escape to the curb.

I assume that radios can be re-authorized to play again by anyone who is willing to pay. Aside from that, got my new internet radio from Amazon today. Programmed it up and have it ready to go. Listening to stereo 96 - BYU right now. Great music. Hope it is on all night as that is what we do. Play beautiful restful music to sleep by.

Reactions: Asket
I am looking forward to the new CBC Country channel on 171. While Sonica was a nice idea, I think it had a lot of overlap with CBC 3, Iceberg, and Verge. And when you consider how few Canadian channels there are, it was a bit odd that four of them would play a similar type of music. I'm somewhat disappointed that The Verge is staying on satellite as Iceberg leaves - for whatever reason I always thought Iceberg had a slightly better music mix. And, apparently the French Country channel has done well enough (at least, it's not being dropped or moved to online only) - so why not give English Country a try?

I assume that radios can be re-authorized to play again by anyone who is willing to pay. Aside from that, got my new internet radio from Amazon today. Programmed it up and have it ready to go. Listening to stereo 96 - BYU right now. Great music. Hope it is on all night as that is what we do. Play beautiful restful music to sleep by.

Some interesting Video:

But don't expect this to happen:

Who to contact, forget Dork de Dupe at customer service:
http://quotes.wsj.com/SIRI/company-people

I put a second aftermarket radio into my Accent last week. It has Bluetooth (the old aftermarket didn't have that). I can now play weeks worth of very clear, very good, no DJ BS, music from my iPad everywhere I go! :)

i just hope dish know about the changes and add the new channels to our lineup thanks

i just hope dish know about the changes and add the new channels to our lineup thanks

What makes you believe that Sirius would not inform Dish (probably their largest customer) of changes to their lineup?

Whoops as I typed that I got an update...

6031 --> 6014
6047 --> 6046
6069 --> 6013
6090 --> 6069
well here it is
Coffeehouse 6031 --> 6014
The Heat 6047-6046
Escape 6069-6013
calente 6090-6069

why not add these ones also there is room Sirusxm fly channel 47,siriusxm velvet channel 13,siriusxm the groove channel 50,siriusxm utopia channel 55 and siriusxm channel 10 pop2k

Last edited:
Whoops as I typed that I got an update...

6031 --> 6014
6047 --> 6046
6069 --> 6013
6090 --> 6069

This is interesting because Escape would then still be on satellite. 13 was where Velvet should have been. Calliente is listed for 69 so Escape bumps Velvet where does that go?
Also an announcement that most of the music on Escape would be relocated to channel 17 Love Songs and that a new name was pending. That was on Escape. Very interesting but confusing.

This is interesting because Escape would then still be on satellite. 13 was where Velvet should have been. Calliente is listed for 69 so Escape bumps Velvet where does that go?
Also an announcement that most of the music on Escape would be relocated to channel 17 Love Songs and that a new name was pending. That was on Escape. Very interesting but confusing.
we should find something out tommorow in the uplink report for dish network

I put a second aftermarket radio into my Accent last week. It has Bluetooth (the old aftermarket didn't have that). I can now play weeks worth of very clear, very good, no DJ BS, music from my iPad everywhere I go! :)

But that isn't a substitute for Satellite radio.

True enough! lol I guess I'm saying if all you need is to listen to music and really nothing more than SiriusXM shouldn't be even considered. What you are doing does what you want.
The value to me is all the other entertainment and channels, and especially when traveling having favorite channels available wherever I am. I like the DJ's on many of the music channels, on the 60's the morning DJ especially adds tremendously to listening, it's mostly music but little bits of news, backrounds, a few call ins, etc that makes it a show. I like that so much more than listening to just my music from my smartphone or tablet.

what new channels will be added tommorow if any will i hope some will be added

what new channels will be added tommorow if any will i hope some will be added
Well, let's see.... Scott told you exactly what was going to happen at 8:35AM PDT this morning. You responded to that at 9:04AM PDT. Now, in the evening, you think something has changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)