Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, I meant to post that also. For people who typically don't record more than one or two network channels, It has very little value. And if you extended the technology across all the channels, it would have virtually no value at all.

It's technology that works. I take advantage of it during the main network series season and for some network sports. Extending it to other channels sharing a transponder can only be a good thing.

All other channels share transponders. But the likelihood of you watching two channels on the same transponder, except locals, is small. And you would get the severe penalty of having to use enough disk space for every channel, all the time (at least four to six times the current disk space).

It's technology that works. I take advantage of it during the main network series season and for some network sports. Extending it to other channels sharing a transponder can only be a good thing.
recording 6 hours of 4 channels is not the same as recording 6 hours on 100+ plus channels. Or perhaps you mean to only record teh channels YOU like?!?

A little meandering is okay, but it's a good reminder to stay on topic. Thanks kitty!

I'm a Dish Network guy, and I even think PTA is Ho Hum.

I'd rather have a Box with 6 tuners and No PTA.
DIRECTV guy here, but I thought even though one short of 6, the creation of the Super Joey with it's added two tuner support to the Hopper was supposed to be the solution for those like you.

Short of going to two Hoppers anyway.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

DIRECTV guy here, but I thought even though one short of 6, the creation of the Super Joey with it's added two tuner support to the Hopper was supposed to be the solution for those like you.

Short of going to two Hoppers anyway.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
I have 2 hoppers.

Reactions: navychop
What it actually said is " Forty per cent of people are going to have UHD TVs coming out of Christmas and they are going to be looking for something to watch." I think that they meant 40% of sales will be UHD tvs.

What it actually said is " Forty per cent of people are going to have UHD TVs coming out of Christmas and they are going to be looking for something to watch." I think that they meant 40% of sales will be UHD tvs.
Maybe. But that's not how it was stated. And I don't think 40% of holiday TV sales will be UHD. I still see UHD TVs greatly outnumbered by HDTVs in Costco, Wal-Mart and a local "big screen TV" store.

In my local Costco I'd say it's pretty close to 40% for the displays at least. I have no ideas about actual sales.

THAT is entirely different.

Seeing Most sets this year are 4K capable, that may be true, but theres No way that 40% of TV's in homes will be 4k after Christmas.

I would think that number might be about 12% at best.

I don't personally see the need for 4K, 1080i/p is good enough for me. Never could understand the hype of 4K. Even looking at the 4K TVs in my local store sitting next to the 1080p TVs I still couldn't tell the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reviving old thread about hd channels south of the border

Can an AM21 be hooked up to a DirecTV TiVo DVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)