Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks, Scott, great work !... This is very big news, indeed....

Question: By combining the U-Verse and DTV installation options at the AT&T Store does this mean that they're finally going to be integrating the 2 platforms' channel line-ups in early 2016 ??? In other words, as an example, will we be seeing the missing HD channels (offered by Uverse) on DTV and vice-versa ??? One exact line-up for both platforms would seem to be in the spirit of this strategy if it's only one type of receiver they're getting at the AT&T Store, right ?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I don't see giving the customer a box to hook up at home with their existing Internet will be much of a success...

#1 since your getting Tv only from AT&T you likely will be waiting for your internet to get hooked up.

#2 people won't be able to set it up.

#3 existing AT&T Internet will be too slow

#4 you will be amazed how many satellite customers don't have Internet.

I sell Vonage and it's amazing how many idiots I deal with that can't hook it up themselves. And that's giving the customer a free cordless phone kit so they don't have to do any wiring.

Claude it will be no different then someone going out and buying a Roku.

And that's the way they are going to sell it.

I wonder if AT&T will allow dealers to sell them, or if their primary distribution will be through their company stores?

I wonder if AT&T will allow dealers to sell them, or if their primary distribution will be through their company stores?

Thats a question I am hearing from a lot of DIRECTV Retailers.

Currently here in Connecticut they have big signs on all the AT&T Stores that say walk in for a phone walk out with a television.

What they are doing is when a customer comes in and gets a phone and signs up for DIRECTV they load the DIRECTV app on their phone so they can be watching television on their device instantly.

This is basically a beta test for the AD box.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Interesting new path for pay TV - signal-delivery-agnostic. I see it appealing to folks where mounting a dish is not an option (apartments, wooded areas, etc.) I'm curious what the "majority" of channels will entail. Will NFL:ST be available?

Also, will there be a commercial version? We have a number of DirecTV receivers where I work. Being able to use the internet for signal delivery would be great.

Claude it will be no different then someone going out and buying a Roku.

And that's the way they are going to sell it.
Yeah, I see this as a great way to grab millenials and apt bound people who can't get satellite. I think the setup will be one of the easier things for people to do. I don't see why it would be tied to AT&T HSI either. I can use comcast anywhere on any ISP.

This rumor was originally posted in our Pub Members Forum as a thanks to them for helping us keep the lights on. But I let them know that after a few days I would make this rumor public... So now its public. :)

Thanks again to our Pub Members for their support. We hope to have more of these rumors going forward. :)

I'm currently an AT&T uVerse customer in the sense that I have phone and Internet from them but I have DirecTV as my TV provider. I opted to have the three services paid as one bill to make billing easier.

With that being said, the reason why I switched to DirecTV is, as everyone knows, uVerse HDTV picture quality is simply awful. They compress the crap out of the HDTV picture that you might as well not even call it HDTV anymore. Yes, it's that bad! The difference between DirecTV's HDTV picture quality and uVerse TV's PQ is like night and day. OK, so I have my Genie HR44 receiver. Will I be ready for these changes that DirecTV will be doing in 2016 or will I have to get a new receiver? What about my dish equipment? The installer replaced the LNB on my dish at the time of installation with whatever new LNB that they have now along with some SWM thing that looks like a cable splitter. If a rain fade does happen and it has to switch over to the IPTV side of the equation, will we be getting the same high quality DirecTV picture quality or will we be forced to look at that God awful uVerse TV picture that looks like a badly painted Picasso painting? And for current customers with current generation hardware, will this rain fade IPTV backup be something that just seamlessly works or will new hardware have to come into play?

I can't help but wonder if this feature will be on the next Hopper.

There is a difference between dswm2 and the reverse and lnbs. Check the hr54 preview thread for more info, perhaps scott can clarify more?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Here is some more...
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 4.25.12 PM.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts