Major DISH Announcement Today at Noon Eastern Time?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been getting calls from DISH Retailers around the country asking me if I know the "big news" that DISH is announcing on a special Retailer Chat today at noon. The answer to that question is no I don't, however I wouldn't not be surprised if its an announcement that upgrading to a Hopper with Sling is now $100 for existing customers starting today.

While that is big news, I don't know if that is the big news or not.

I have been hearing from both DISH and DIRECTV retailers around the country telling me their sales are next to nothing for both products. Somebody needs to do something to get the phones ringing again, so hopefully DISH makes that move today.

I will be tuned into the retailer chat and will report anything of interest to you the consumer from that chat. :)

I should warn that sometimes when they have special chats to announce "big news" that news is not what many of us would consider big... so be warned if its nothing big please don't shoot me, I am just the messenger. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys. :)

Dish and Disney have reached a settlement! Nah couldn't be that...

It figures if DISH did announce that. One of the reasons we switched to Directv was because of Disney Jr.

I got calls from both DISH and my distributor as well as emails to make sure we're watching.

The Hopper with Sling upgrade for existing customers is old news - DISH announced it earlier this week. If that's the news I'd be disappointed.

I do know there will be some retailer specific info, but haven't heard a whisper about anything that will be consumer offer related. I'd like to see a new customer offer for a second Hopper for $50, that would make my day. I'd also like to see BB@Home included for free with AT250 or better.

As for sales, our DISH sales have been volatile lately, good weeks and bad. This week has been very good, who knows about next week. Our DTV sales have been nearly non-existent for some time and it doesn't seem to matter what we do.

That would be nice and I would consider that BIG NEWS too! :)

If that happened then DISH would be perfect for me and my family. (I am not a sports guy)

Totally agree with ya there Scott.Although Espnu hd is my biggest want,the rest of the family will be happy with Disney in HD.

The problem is the content providers have been sucking all the money out of the pot, leaving little for Dish or Direct. Wonder what "marketing" Joe is going to do this time.

Interesting, while its hard to wonder what "big news" is hopefully is more then the Hopper price?

$100 upgrades to Hopper with sling would be great as I would absolutely upgrade my lake house from a 922 to a HWS and a couple Joeys for that price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)