Major performance issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
The HR21 we have take about 3-5 minutes to cycle the guide once.. we called up complained, they offered us a new box (with a 2 year agreement, which I think is bs for their issue) but won't send us a new box that doesn't have the performance issue..

Has anyone else dealt with issues like this, how do you get this rectified? Besides the switch providers option.. :)

Unless you get them to say the box is defective, there is a 2 year commitment involved. Perhaps if you called and said the box wouldn't power up......

raoul5788 said:
Unless you get them to say the box is defective, there is a 2 year commitment involved. Perhaps if you called and said the box wouldn't power up......

I won't say I've never come across that in the field. I'd call an have them send a tech out, then tell the tech what issue you're having and just ask them to swap the box.

If I purchase a box, is that technically still leased?

If it's from a store or online vendor, yes it's really a lease. IF you find an owned one, then you won't have a commitment. It's very difficult to find one that's owned. Many people selling them on eBay type sites will claim they are owned. Get the RID and ask Directv whether or not it's a leased unit.

Or see if you can buy it directly from Directv try access card dept seeing they are the only ones that can set a receiver up as owned. Expect a price around $500.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)