Major performance issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
The HR21 we have take about 3-5 minutes to cycle the guide once.. we called up complained, they offered us a new box (with a 2 year agreement, which I think is bs for their issue) but won't send us a new box that doesn't have the performance issue..

Has anyone else dealt with issues like this, how do you get this rectified? Besides the switch providers option.. :)

Unless you get them to say the box is defective, there is a 2 year commitment involved. Perhaps if you called and said the box wouldn't power up......

raoul5788 said:
Unless you get them to say the box is defective, there is a 2 year commitment involved. Perhaps if you called and said the box wouldn't power up......

I won't say I've never come across that in the field. I'd call an have them send a tech out, then tell the tech what issue you're having and just ask them to swap the box.

If I purchase a box, is that technically still leased?

If it's from a store or online vendor, yes it's really a lease. IF you find an owned one, then you won't have a commitment. It's very difficult to find one that's owned. Many people selling them on eBay type sites will claim they are owned. Get the RID and ask Directv whether or not it's a leased unit.

Or see if you can buy it directly from Directv try access card dept seeing they are the only ones that can set a receiver up as owned. Expect a price around $500.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)