make the switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

searcy_5

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Cleveland, MS
I've been a dish subscriber, but i'm now debating making the switch to direct. I'll miss my Voom, but with the recent D* additions, it'd be ok.

My questions are these:

1. I don't have a landline at my residence. What are the chances of an installer "overlooking" this and completing the install? Wasn't a problem with Dish. If it is a problem with D*, why?

2. I live in a DMA that probably won't get HD locals for quite awhile (Greenwood, MS). I am in bolivar county, MS (zip 38732). The DMA neighboring me to the north gets Memphis HD locals. Could I "move" to the county to the north and recieve my HD locals, or to a city with hd locals on CONUS?

Thanks and congrats to you D* subscribers on the new hd!

The installer will do it, most of them don't care, plus, if you get an HR20, you don't need a land line

Yeah, I think the only thing you can't do without a landline is the PPV ordering and stuff through the remote. You can still order it online or by calling D*, though.

Not sure if the On Demand stuff they're going to be launching will have any functionality tied to the landline, maybe someone else can help with that.

Not sure if there is a way to fool the system into getting HD locals from another DMA, but you can check here to see if you are eligible for DNS (getting the LA/NY feed) in SD or HD. If not, your other option is requesting a waiver, but that's not a good option, from what I've heard...

No you dont need the land line for on demand I dont have a land line. I have my hr20-700 networked but no landline works just fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)