Please reply by conversation.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I know people like to complain about TBS HD, but look at a baseball game on there, and it all goes away. They do sports right!

Sox and jays look really really good.

I know people like to complain about TBS HD, but look at a baseball game on there, and it all goes away. They do sports right!

Sox and jays look really really good.

You are correct,
LIVE programming is alot different than normal programming they show.

Jimbo

You think it looked bad???

Nope. Actually it looked good. My response was directed at the fact that baseball is just one very small part of the TBS weekly lineup. And I am a baseball fan. However the majority of viewers are not. It's hard to "toot the horn" of TBS HD based on a couple of baseball games a week.

Nope. Actually it looked good. My response was directed at the fact that baseball is just one very small part of the TBS weekly lineup. And I am a baseball fan. However the majority of viewers are not. It's hard to "toot the horn" of TBS HD based on a couple of baseball games a week.
I got ya. Personally, if a channel has one show in HD that I like, its worth it, I know not everyone feels the same though. To each his or her own

I got ya. Personally, if a channel has one show in HD that I like, its worth it, I know not everyone feels the same though. To each his or her own

The bottom line - when you have the bandwidth, who cares. The more the merrier. Most of the poop comes from the other side doesn't it? I don't see too many D* folks complaining, do you?

There are so many channels (both HD and SD) that I don't watch - but it is good to have a choice as I see it.

Well, lately TBS HD has shown more and more HD programming that isn't baseball. I've seen episoces of Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, the Tyler Perry show and some movies in HD on TBS. I'm sure there has been others.

Well, lately TBS HD has shown more and more HD programming that isn't baseball. I've seen episoces of Everybody Loves Raymond, The Office, the Tyler Perry show and some movies in HD on TBS. I'm sure there has been others.

The Office on TBS is ridiculous. They stretch the letterbox SD version. So on a 16:9 HD display, you're watching black bars at the top and bottom of the screen with fat faces PLUS a crappy picture. There is no excuse for that since that show is shot in HD.

There is also no reason to stretch the upscaled 4:3 content for the older shows.

TBS-HD = Worst HD Channel ever.

Actually they finally got The Office right. It's not stretched at all anymore...it's in true 16:9 with no black bars.
About time!!!

The Office on TBS is ridiculous. They stretch the letterbox SD version. So on a 16:9 HD display, you're watching black bars at the top and bottom of the screen with fat faces PLUS a crappy picture. There is no excuse for that since that show is shot in HD.

There is also no reason to stretch the upscaled 4:3 content for the older shows.

TBS-HD = Worst HD Channel ever.

It used to be that way but for the last couple of weeks they have been showing The Office in HD on Tuesdays. See the post above this one for further confirmation.

I, for one, find myself watching the movies on TBS a lot. And it looks pretty good. Most have the "HD" icon in the EPG. When it was launched, it was way overrated because it had the MLB Playoffs. But as all HD channels do, they add new movies in HD. They had to start somewhere. Now, many of the shows they broadcast are in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)