Making OTA Channels the Default

ScottA83

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sorry if this has been covered. I searched and couldn't find anything.

I have a 622 and a 722 DVR and both are connected to an antenna I have in the attic for OTA locals. The local channels appear in the channel guide and the listings are correct.

Is there a setting for the DVR's so that when I press '9' I go to the OTA channel (009-01, HD) instead of the the Dish local (009-00, SD)? This is a nice feature on the Dish HD channels that I would like for the locals.

Many Thanks.

// Scott A

I create a "List 1" under favorites that gits rid of the other locals and shopping channels. I would do this.

WARNING your wife may fight you on it. Mine wants to see all the channels we get "if we are paying for them I want to see them" :mad::mad::mad::mad: :up

pfan

You need to punch the actual digital station number. No, there are no settings to get around it.

You need to punch the actual digital station number. No, there are no settings to get around it.

Actually there is. If you don't map down your local sat channels, then when you punch in say channel seven you will get your ota channel 7 (7.1 in my case)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)