Making the Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beatboy77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
After being a Directv customer for 8 years I am switching to Dish Network. I have no ill will towards D*, I am just tired of waiting for a better selection of HD. Within the next 40 days or so, E* will be adding Starz HD, Home and Garden HD and Food Network HD. I beleive they will have around 30 channels of HD at that time. I currently have 3 Directv HR10-250's (HD-Tivo's), so I will be aquiring 3 of E*'s VIP622's. The 622 looks like quite a nice machine. I have had no complaints with the HR10-250, other then the deadfully slow channel guide. I have also heard from a majority of sources that the picture quality on E* is hands down better then D*, especially on a large display (I have a 110" projector/screen setup), so that is another factor for me. Finally, I live in Colorado and E* is headquartered here, so I figured I would support the home towne team. Once I am installed, which is still 10 or so days away, I will definately report back with a picture quality report between D* and E* and it will be unbiased.

~Josh

Good luck,I just switched from E* to D* about 4 months ago and will never go back to Charlie land,but it is like anything else.What ever one`s personnel preference is,I personally thought the HD channels that E* offered {mostly Voom} were garbage others I`m sure feel differently.I too would like to see more HD programming but I`m willing to wait as a D* customer to get it.

Last edited:
We had VOOM for a while right before they went under and I would have to agree with you although it was nice to have that many HD channels they had very little new programing,all to often it seems as if it was just one big(little)loop

branchbouncer said:
We had VOOM for a while right before they went under and I would have to agree with you although it was nice to have that many HD channels they had very little new programing,all to often it seems as if it was just one big(little)loop

DITTO THAT! Extra HD doesn't = more or real HD value.

I had both services, Kissed DISH goodbye yesterday, for the second time they just haven't improved their services. I am sick of Indians and their Queens english not answering the asked questions.

No Switch Afterall

Well after a much better then anticipated retention offer, I am staying with D*. It would have been tough to have given up the ST anyway.

~Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)