Man accused of stealing satellite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what a moron.....wouldnt it be funny if it was like an old Phase III? :)

Last edited:
Guys,

It happens........I rolled in on a fulfillment installation and the inebriated customer swore there was no Phase III dish...that was all there was. AND no access card either.
Her (junkie) son had set up everything and it wouldn't work! I found the access card in the burn pile with the boxes and the Phase III on a shelf in a local pawn shop.
I had a spare dish so the installation went in...after dark...with a tip because..."it must have been hard to find the satellite in the dark."

Just today I was looking for a picture of an installation in NY,NY where, after several thefts of dishes from a row house roof, the customer had bolted dish number four to the roof deck. Then he bolted a FG rock dish cover over the dish. THEN he screwed down a section of a mannequin torso to look like the rock had crunched the body from the sky...with "blood" flowing to the roof drain.

Do not be surprised....you and I are perfect ....... the general public is nuts!

Joe

Last edited:
Posting the picture is a must. lol

The fact is, people will steal anything if they think they can get away with it.

Missing LNBs

In 2005, someone came into my townhouse complex and stole 6 LNB's off of 6 different dishes. It happened right after I moved in. I met my neighbors that way. I figured it was some scum subcon installer who didn't want to go to the electronics warehouse and get more. People do indeed steal anything that isn't nailed down. But 6? Greedy was the word of the day for him or her.

In 2005, someone came into my townhouse complex and stole 6 LNB's off of 6 different dishes. It happened right after I moved in. I met my neighbors that way. I figured it was some scum subcon installer who didn't want to go to the electronics warehouse and get more. People do indeed steal anything that isn't nailed down. But 6? Greedy was the word of the day for him or her.

More likely it was either somebody who did just because they could and thought it was funny or somebody trying to sell them on Ebay.

There was a time when DISH required you to return the LNB from the dish, regardless of where the dish is at, not sure if D* ever did that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I like the ideal that an installation company manager stole them. If parts are back ordered and you are out what will you do?

I did read of a factory manager in Russia who received production awards when no other factories could get parts. The hero of the Soviet Union sent factory employees into the crop fields to steal tractor parts. While this would disable a tractor in service it also got another tractor out the door and the quota was met.

Manager or a tech stole the LNBs I bet.

Joe

I know here in Detroit, installers go around and remove Dishes from Abandoned homes.

The most stupid install I had ever seen was there was a Dish1000 plus that was installed in an area with heavy trees and they technician mounted the Dish a few feet from the dirt road, and left the DPP44 dangeling off the bottom of the Dish.

Since the switches at that time where like $175, I know someone just drove up to the Dish in their truck, rolled down their window, took out a pair of wire cutters and stole the switch.

I drove by there for a few months, and one day the switch was gone, and the next day you could see where the installer had gone back out and ran all 4 lines from the Dish and put the switch on the house.

I like the ideal that an installation company manager stole them. If parts are back ordered and you are out what will you do?

LOL maybe

What would I d though?

We would contact other shops trying to get the parts needed (been there done that) and if that didn't work, I would call my customers, explain the situation, and enjoy the day off. :D

Two things in that story didn't suprise me.

His picture, and this: "Officers were called about 3 a.m."

Certainly,

The UFOs have all landed for the night and phones at the cop station work again. The bars are closed. What to do, what to do?

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)