Managing disk space via remote access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fletchmath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I don't believe this is currently possible; if it is, I can't find it.

When I look at my dvr via remote access, it seems to combine my external drive and the internal drive when displaying what I have recorded. That's fine with me, most of the time. However, the dvr doesn't treat these two disks as equivalent, so it's a bit of a lie.

I'd like the ability (via remote access) to move recordings back and forth. I'm currently on an extended trip, and if I don't have someone do the moves for me, then the internal drive will fill up. Being able to handle this remotely would be a help.

Any idea if such a feature is likely? Of course, being able to direct recordings to the storage device of my choice would be a much better solution.

I don't believe this is currently possible; if it is, I can't find it.

When I look at my dvr via remote access, it seems to combine my external drive and the internal drive when displaying what I have recorded. That's fine with me, most of the time. However, the dvr doesn't treat these two disks as equivalent, so it's a bit of a lie.

I'd like the ability (via remote access) to move recordings back and forth. I'm currently on an extended trip, and if I don't have someone do the moves for me, then the internal drive will fill up. Being able to handle this remotely would be a help.

Any idea if such a feature is likely? Of course, being able to direct recordings to the storage device of my choice would be a much better solution.

Remote management of EHDD is not a current feature.

Please submit a feature request and use case for future consideration.

There is a Feedback link on the bottom of the page where you can report bugs and enter feature suggestions. I have already entered this as a request and maybe the more that do might help speed up the process....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)