Manhattan DJ-1997 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am also curious as to what it is getting extra. :)

From what I understand, the 1997 reciever is capable of getting Internet IPTV programs,

ok, so no need to get the manhattan 1997 receiver then. I have MicroHD and Manhattan 1933 for my consumer FTA receivers and I have apple tv, roku and ipod touch to stream anything available from the web to my tv monitor so the 1997 gives me nothing new if it can't simplify my viewing of Satellite IPTV audio/video streams over using a PCI tuner card, TSREADER and my PC's output to a monitor.

What do you mean "no channel repeats"? What satellite does this happen on? Channel examples? Do these duplicates have different frequencies, symbol rates, polarities, PIDs, etc.? What additional channels does it log?

Why don't you just buy one, give it a fair chance to see what it can do on successive blind scans with a satellite or two and see for yourself? That's what I had to do for myself. You wouldn't belive me anyway if I took the 45+ minutes to explain it all here. :-/ I have to go back to work now anyway.

Christopher,

Not interested in buying or testing a DJ-1997 and this has nothing to do with a fair chance...:rolleyes:

I was asking about your "Channel Repeats" report on the A3, not the DJ-1997. I do own a A3, use it every day and do not experience channel repeats after a scan. This is why I am soliciting your A3 testing results.

What do you mean "no channel repeats"? What satellite does this happen on? Channel examples? Do these duplicates have different frequencies, symbol rates, polarities, PIDs, etc.? What channels does it not log ?

Maybe start a new thread about "A3 Channel Repeats" so not to hijack. :)

Reactions: KE4EST and mc6809e
Is the USB port on the back only for wifi, or could it be used for a storage device to enable the DVR function?

If I got a Manhattan DJ-1997, needing to have a thumb drive or hard drive cable plugged into the front would annoy me. I would use hardwired Ethernet, so I would not need a wireless adapter on the rear USB port.

I just got this receiver last week. I have a 1 TB hard drive plugged into the back USB port and my WiFi for IPTV is working fine with the antenna plugged into the front USB port.

I scanned 58 W with my Amiko Mini HD SE then the Manhattan. It picked up 30 additional channels.

I do have some questions too. I am unable to move channels using the editor, so I checked the official website to see if I had the latest firmware. I was not able to find the information. Can someone direct me to information concerning this issue? I have also read the user manual.

Thanks.
Norman

I just got this receiver last week. I have a 1 TB hard drive plugged into the back USB port and my WiFi for IPTV is working fine with the antenna plugged into the front USB port.

I scanned 58 W with my Amiko Mini HD SE then the Manhattan. It picked up 30 additional channels.

I do have some questions too. I am unable to move channels using the editor, so I checked the official website to see if I had the latest firmware. I was not able to find the information. Can someone direct me to information concerning this issue? I have also read the user manual.

Thanks.
Norman

Only thing I could find (which you've probably seen already) is at the bottom of page 9 in the manual (http://www.manhattan-digital.net/Manhattan DJ-1997 MANUAL Final (2015 Feb 25).pdf), which tells you how to add favorites, edit channel names, move and sort channels, etc. Didn't find anything else. :( Which additional channels did the Manhattan find that the Amiko Mini HD SE didn't?

Thanks FT4APA,

The RAI Mux identical to the Mux from 121W plus a duplicate of the Azteca Mux from 97W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)