Manhattan Skyline 1000 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ynnedibanez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Greeneville, Tennessee
hey guys, i have been doing satellite installs for the pizza guys and internet since 2001
and i am an electronics junk collector, so over the years, i have built up an extremely large inventory of old satellite equipment.
some of this has been stored out at my dad's house in a barn for years and i have been finally picking it up.
i came across a manhattan skyline 1000 without a remote and have a few questions.
i tried hooking it up, but it has no american satellites listed and i have not been able to edit satellite or transponder data without the remote.
every time i try the only way to leave the menu is to power down the receiver.
it then says saving data, but when i turn it back on it didnt save anything.
i have tried several scans with it, auto all, auto fta, nit all, nit fta, tp all, tp fta, manual all, manual fta, with it pointed at 101w and got nothing
are none of these methods blind search?
is this a decent receiver?
is there any way to edit satellites and transponders without a remote on this receiver that i may be overlooking?
i have not been able to find a remote for it, universal or otherwise. does anyone know where to get a remote that will work with it if it is worth it?
Thanks,
Denny

with most receivers you do need the remote to do anything.

Are there any buttons on the front of it besides the power button?

thanks for the link to the manual Harshness:)

with most receivers you do need the remote to do anything.

Are there any buttons on the front of it besides the power button?

yes, it has 4 way arrow buttons, a menu button, a select button, a power button, and a tv/radio button.
but unfortunately, no escape, back, or exit button:(
i have not even been able to find a universal remote to work this thing.
thanks for the replies, guys:)
Denny

Same receiver as the Fortec Star DVB-786v3

Don't remember if the remotes were interchangeable of if the IR was coded differently.

Here's one that works!!!

I have a few of these Manhanttan receivers and IMO the factory remotes are junk so I found a universal that works very nicely and navigates the menu setup perfectly. This remote has the 'Device Code Search' mode for unlisted devices. I found 2 of these on eBay a couple of years ago, there may be some of these available or I'm sure there's other remotes that will work.
Here's a photo for your convenience, there's no model number on these remotes so you'll have to shop by the name 'Philips Universal Consolidator' The code for this receiver is "0157"
Good luck

Attachments

• Philips_RCC.JPG
    Philips_RCC.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
I found the model # to this remote, it's PM435S and there's plenty available online for around $10 bucks. It also has the Device Code Identifier, this is how I found the code 0157 which is used on a number of satellite stb's.

Same receiver as the Fortec Star DVB-786v3

Don't remember if the remotes were interchangeable of if the IR was coded differently.
i have an rca remote that has a code for fortec star receivers so i tried the code and it did not work.
i was thinking about trying to flash the receiver with the firmware for the fortec star, but cannot find the firmware or uploader for this model
they do not have it in their download section.
the only firmware i have seen for it is pirate stuff and i want to stay away from that.
does anyone know where to get the actual firmware and uploader for the Fortec Star DVB-786v3?
thanks,
Denny

I have one

I have one of those Manhattan Skyline receivers. It works fine, it just doesn't have a blind scan. Meaning you have to manually input the frequencies and transponder numbers to scan them. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

i have an rca remote that has a code for fortec star receivers so i tried the code and it did not work.
i was thinking about trying to flash the receiver with the firmware for the fortec star, but cannot find the firmware or uploader for this model
they do not have it in their download section.
the only firmware i have seen for it is pirate stuff and i want to stay away from that.
does anyone know where to get the actual firmware and uploader for the Fortec Star DVB-786v3?
thanks,
Denny

If I were you I wouldn't flash your Manhattan stb with any firmware that is not confirmed or recommended to work with it because you may just trash it. Just get the remote I posted and you'll be on your way. :D

I have a few of these Manhanttan receivers and IMO the factory remotes are junk so I found a universal that works very nicely and navigates the menu setup perfectly. This remote has the 'Device Code Search' mode for unlisted devices. I found 2 of these on eBay a couple of years ago, there may be some of these available or I'm sure there's other remotes that will work.
Here's a photo for your convenience, there's no model number on these remotes so you'll have to shop by the name 'Philips Universal Consolidator' The code for this receiver is "0157"
Good luck
got one and it works great!!!:D thanks man!!:)
Denny

Um - Harshness -

Thanks, but -

I tried DLing that manual twice from that link - got garbage both times, consistently.

I'm in the opposite position from the OP: I know where the wife "relocated" the remote, but can't finger out what she did w/ the STB!

So - OP - if you've not yet been able to get a universal to work, I suppose I could find a programmable universal and program it w/ my remote. Lotta hassle, though, if you've already found the sol'n.

MtDo

Walmart

Walmart used to carry a remote called the OneFourAll and it worked with my Pansat 2500 and if memory serves me also worked with the 2700....

You could get that remote for less than $10 bucks; The Front was silver in color with a black back. I wish I still had it so I could get the name brand off it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts