Mankato, MN locals now available on Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Mankato, MN got their local added…notice I said LOCAL (not locals). The DMA only has one station (KEYC). Ran an address and it looks like they get a mix & match of stuff

Network Affiliate Channel Channel for older receievrs
ABC KSTP 5 894
FOX KMSP 9 887
NBC KARE 11 888
CBS KEYC 12 910
WB WB 14 918
UPN WFTC 29 891
PBS PBS 384

So they get CBS from Mankato, NBC, ABC, UPN & FOX from Mpls (SV), PBS is Nat’l and WB is from Miami.

On cable, they get all the Minneapolis stations EXCEPT WB (they have a cable only WB), and ABC from Austin (neighboring DMA) so the sat customer doesn’t get 3 extra channels (CBS & PBS from Mpls and ABC from Austin)

On cable, they get all the Minneapolis stations EXCEPT WB (they have a cable only WB), and ABC from Austin (neighboring DMA) so the sat customer doesn’t get 3 extra channels (CBS & PBS from Mpls and ABC from Austin)

I called today after noticing on the website that we finally got it. I've been begging them for months.

This is exactly the list I was expecting. The ABC station out of Austin doesn't surprise me at all. Other than local news, it's almost always identical content to ABC from Minneapolis.

PBS from Minneapolis kinda stinks, but I'm not heartbrken over it. CBS from Mankato is ok too. Again, other than local news, they almost always carry the same content. Some people like the WCCO news, but the package here is better than expected from DTV and it is as good as we can expect from them. This brings the SAT experience to a much better level than what Cable can provide from outside the Mankato/Charter service area. I live in Good Thunder and our cable provider is by the SD border.

With this, DTV will have an easier time getting subscribers from outside the Mankato/Charter service area. It's about time they get their heads on straight. This is 3 months out from an original promise date of Dec. 28.

mmenne said:
I called today after noticing on the website that we finally got it. I've been begging them for months.

This is exactly the list I was expecting. The ABC station out of Austin doesn't surprise me at all. Other than local news, it's almost always identical content to ABC from Minneapolis.
both are owned by Hubbard Broadcasting so they figured it was easier to open up KSTP

PBS from Minneapolis kinda stinks, but I'm not heartbrken over it.
I figured they wouldn't pipe in KTCA because I don't think PBS qualifies for signifacantly viewed.

CBS from Mankato is ok too. Again, other than local news, they almost always carry the same content. Some people like the WCCO news,
I have a feeling KEYC had something to do with WCCO not being on there. Obviously they want you to watch their channel and not WCCO.

but the package here is better than expected from DTV and it is as good as we can expect from them. This brings the SAT experience to a much better level than what Cable can provide from outside the Mankato/Charter service area. I live in Good Thunder and our cable provider is by the SD border.
I think that will help Direct get people off Charter in Mankato. In some areas, you can always put up an antenna and get locals but when there is only 1 or 2 locals that an antenna can get, once locals are available people will flock. I am shocked they added UPN because they didn't have to do that. Hopefully Dish follows suit and adds it soon (once E10 is up)

It's about time they get their heads on straight. This is 3 months out from an original promise date of Dec. 28.
with Dish, I waited 18 months after they said "yes Duluth locals will be on soon" until it was on

KEYC article...interesting tidbit on the delay

http://www.keyc.com/article/view/95591/

Good news today for satellite TV subscribers viewers in the Mankato area can now pick up KEYC channel 12 on their direct TV systems. The move was supposed to take place last December, but legal issues delayed that launch until today. Subscribers with newer direct TV receivers will get KEYC on channel 12 if you're not sure where or when to find KEYC on direct TV in your area, just call 1800-DIRECTV with any questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)