Manning vs Brady

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I also like the Patriots!! However, standing up for Salsa, I believe he has a very strong base upon which to formulate his opinions. Baseless? I think not. ;) They may not coincide with yours ... but, you know what they say about opinions .....

So please tell me Salsadancer, Are they running at the end of games bloating those stats? Or are they , as you have suggested, throwing the ball all over the place at the end of games? At least be consistent in your baseless opinions.

So please tell me Salsadancer, Are they running at the end of games bloating those stats? Or are they , as you have suggested, throwing the ball all over the place at the end of games? At least be consistent in your baseless opinions.

I have been VERY consistant. Do they or do they not STILL try to score when they are way ahead by passing the ball? MY "throwing all over the place" suggestion was for their offessive attack. Are they or are they not passing over 57% of the time? Look at the stats from YOUR OWN source that you so gleefully posted....LMAO! Again, people think WAY too much with their head, thinking like "Homers"....that is fine...everyone does it. I have done it from time to time...but when you are stating things as fact....think with your head and not with your heart.;)

In the interest of fairness, I thought I should add this to the discussion:

ESPN - Ranking the QBs a lot tougher than it sounds - NFL

I do think it's interesting, though, how things change. It was just a few months ago that some of these same people were saying Manning was finally definitively ahead of Brady because he had won a SB title.

I will say this the QB play in the NFL is very top heavy right now. After Brady, Manning, Favre, Roethlisberger and Romo (so far) I think the QB play really drops off. I thought Brees and Palmer could be up there, but they lack leadership. I really don't know what to make of Hassleback seems to up and down. IMHO, Rivers and young Manning are not very good.

OK, I was going to start a new thread on this, but I figured it made more sense to reawaken this one....

I have to admit, I am coming around on this one, and I am now pretty darn close to admitting that Tom Brady is just flat out better than Peyton Manning. Yes, I said it.

There are two main reasons that I've come to this conclusion recently.

1. Brady is just more clutch. I know Peyton has plenty of 4th quarter comebacks, but here's how I look at it: how many games this year have the Patriots had where you felt like they had no business winning, or at least that they just pulled it out in the end? Mostly, that's because Brady is leading them on a drive (or two) in the 4th quarter to pull it out when it seemed all was lost. Peyton, on the other hand, had not one, but two chances to get the ball in the end zone on Sunday and couldn't come through either time. The second time he couldn't even get a 1st down, and this is just one example.

It comes down to this: with the Patriots, there are many times it seems they shouldn't win, but they do. With the Colts, there are many times it seems like they should win, but they don't. And in both cases, it usually comes down to the play of the quarterback late in the game. One gets it done, the other doesn't.

2. Brady would never compete in the DSRL. Need I say more?

So, there you go, Pats fans, I admitted it. I still don't like the Pats, and I will never like their coach, but I do respect at least some of them, especially Brady. I look at him the same way I look at Derek Jeter... hate the team, but respect him (even though one of his most memorable home runs was assisted by an 11-year old, but that's another thread).

I'm in full agreement. Brady just seems to be rock solid.

OK, I was going to start a new thread on this, but I figured it made more sense to reawaken this one....

I have to admit, I am coming around on this one, and I am now pretty darn close to admitting that Tom Brady is just flat out better than Peyton Manning. Yes, I said it.

There are two main reasons that I've come to this conclusion recently.

1. Brady is just more clutch. I know Peyton has plenty of 4th quarter comebacks, but here's how I look at it: how many games this year have the Patriots had where you felt like they had no business winning, or at least that they just pulled it out in the end? Mostly, that's because Brady is leading them on a drive (or two) in the 4th quarter to pull it out when it seemed all was lost. Peyton, on the other hand, had not one, but two chances to get the ball in the end zone on Sunday and couldn't come through either time. The second time he couldn't even get a 1st down, and this is just one example.

It comes down to this: with the Patriots, there are many times it seems they shouldn't win, but they do. With the Colts, there are many times it seems like they should win, but they don't. And in both cases, it usually comes down to the play of the quarterback late in the game. One gets it done, the other doesn't.

2. Brady would never compete in the DSRL. Need I say more?

So, there you go, Pats fans, I admitted it. I still don't like the Pats, and I will never like their coach, but I do respect at least some of them, especially Brady. I look at him the same way I look at Derek Jeter... hate the team, but respect him (even though one of his most memorable home runs was assisted by an 11-year old, but that's another thread).