Manning vs Brady

Dan Marino may be the most overated player in the HISTORY of the NFL. I know there was an old thread here about overated players, but please dont included that cry baby in great QB discussions.

Dan Marino may be the most overated player in the HISTORY of the NFL. I know there was an old thread here about overated players, but please dont included that cry baby in great QB discussions.

LMAO.....REALLY NOW??!! EVERY so-called expert and MOST of the knowing, non-expert public will disagree with you...but OK, I'll bite...why do YOU think he is overrated....?? And please give me some GOOD, HARD FACT....not some BS spin job used by guys that have no clue what they are talking about....:rolleyes:

Agrred...

that people who criticize Dan Marino are idiots. How many 51-45 games can you lose? How maNY TIMES CAN YOU COMEBACK IN THE 4TH QUARTER, ONLY TO SEE THE OPPONENT DRIVE THE OTHER WAY AGAINST YOUR OWN CRAPPY DEFENSE.

I am a Dolphin fan since 1966. But, Brady is the best I have ever seen.

that people who criticize Dan Marino are idiots. How many 51-45 games can you lose? How maNY TIMES CAN YOU COMEBACK IN THE 4TH QUARTER, ONLY TO SEE THE OPPONENT DRIVE THE OTHER WAY AGAINST YOUR OWN CRAPPY DEFENSE.

I am a Dolphin fan since 1966. But, Brady is the best I have ever seen.

I guess all those years of watching the dolphins you missed all the games Elway, Marino, Favre, Young, Montana...........played in.

Very true. To me, there is no doubt that the 2 best pass protection lines in the last 4 or 5 years IS the Colts and the Pats O-Lines.

The colts have not had one of the top two pass protection lines in the last 4-5 years. If you remember when they won the superbowl last year, the O-line played average all year until the last few regular season games and into the playoffs. It also didnt hurt that there defense played so well at the end of the year (I think I guy by the name of sanders coming back helped a little!)

Manning is always running for his life, yet still goes at least 13-3 or 14-2 every year.

Brady is clean as a whistle after every game. (btw I do hate that phrase "clean as a whistle" it doesnt make sense but thats all I could think of....)

Last edited:

You must be Sal Palantonio from ESPN who just wrote a book which includes his top five most overrated QB's ever(I can only remember 4 of em):

Joe Namath
Terry Bradshaw
Brett Favre
Tony Romo

The colts have not had one of the top two pass protection lines in the last 4-5 years. If you remember when they won the superbowl last year, the O-line played average all year until the last few regular season games and into the playoffs. It also didnt hurt that there defense played so well at the end of the year (I think I guy by the name of sanders coming back helped a little!)

Manning is always running for his life, yet still goes at least 13-3 or 14-2 every year.

Brady is clean as a whistle after every game. (btw I do hate that phrase "clean as a whistle" it doesnt make sense but thats all I could think of....)
From the Colts website...club has ranked in top five in NFL eight times in last nine years in fewest sacks allowed (22, 1998, 2nd; 14, 1999, 1st; 20, 2000, T1st; 30, 2001, 10th; 23, 2002, 4th; 19, 2003, 3rd; 14, 2004, T1st; 20, 2005, 1st; 15, 2006, 1st.)They've been first or tied for 1st the last three years, so I don't know where you get that running for his life stuff. During those same years, Brady was actually sacked nearly twice as many times.

You must be Sal Palantonio from ESPN who just wrote a book which includes his top five most overrated QB's ever(I can only remember 4 of em):

Joe Namath
Terry Bradshaw
Brett Favre
Tony Romo

LOL...there is ALWAYS one dumba$$ in the bunch. To call Brett Favre and Marino overrated is retarded. And it is NOT fair to call Tony Romo overrated because his career JUST STARTED. Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw were good QBs...not great...just good. Maybe they should make some sport writers pee in a cup at least 3 times a year considering some of the crap they say.

From the Colts website...club has ranked in top five in NFL eight times in last nine years in fewest sacks allowed (22, 1998, 2nd; 14, 1999, 1st; 20, 2000, T1st; 30, 2001, 10th; 23, 2002, 4th; 19, 2003, 3rd; 14, 2004, T1st; 20, 2005, 1st; 15, 2006, 1st.)They've been first or tied for 1st the last three years, so I don't know where you get that running for his life stuff...

You beat me to the punch....:up

OK all im saying is those stats are misleading. Manning is just good at getting rid of the ball at the right time. Its the same reason favre never gets sacked and his offensive line stunk for the last at least 3-4 seasons (not including this year).

LOL...there is ALWAYS one dumba$$ in the bunch. To call Brett Favre and Marino overrated is retarded. And it is NOT fair to call Tony Romo overrated because his career JUST STARTED. Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw were good QBs...not great...just good. Maybe they should make some sport writers pee in a cup at least 3 times a year considering some of the crap they say.

LMAO!!

I'll second your point with the 85 Chicago Bears. Definitely the best one-year team I ever saw. I'll call them "great" for that season. All the rest were just that years winner of Pete Rozelle's "parity bowl".

Just like the Dolphins were great for the undefeated season. But let's not fool ourselves here....if you have a GREAT regular season and don't ATLEAST play in the Super Bowl, NBA Championship, World Series or Stanley Cup...it was a wasted season and just becomes a 'good' or a 'nice' season.

Just like the Dolphins were great for the undefeated season. But let's not fool ourselves here....if you have a GREAT regular season and don't ATLEAST play in the Super Bowl, NBA Championship, World Series or Stanley Cup...it was a wasted season and just becomes a 'good' or a 'nice' season.

Agreed AGAIN!:eek:

My deal with Marino is this,

He is a great quarterback. However, for years people have put him up there with the top two or three. In my mind he is a step above Bledsoe.

Marino was a whiner who constantly berated his WRs. He constantly pointed the finger at everyone else.

My deal with Marino is this,

He is a great quarterback. However, for years people have put him up there with the top two or three. In my mind he is a step above Bledsoe.

Marino was a whiner who constantly berated his WRs. He constantly pointed the finger at everyone else.

ARE YOU ON DRUGS??!!:yikes:yikes:yikes:haha:haha:haha Bledsoe could not clean Marino's jock with his own tongue...!!! Marino was given the reins to LITTERALLY run the offense and COMPLETELY call his own plays. THAT was EARNED and Don Shula had COMPLETE trust in him.

Your problem was that you just didn't like him because he use to light your team up like a California brush fire. EVERYONE down here knows Marino was a D**K, but he demanded the players to do things right....and NO ONE would stick up for his guys, the recievers and especially his O-Line, more than he did.

I HATED with a passion John Elway, but I am not naive enough to think he was not one best QBs ever....EVEN if he didn't win ANY Super Bowls.

...unbelievable....

No quarterback is ever great without a strong Offensive line. Thats why the Pats succeed, they invested heavily in drafting O linemen and worked everything around them.

This is why the 1999 and 2001 Rams were so good. (but Martz disassembled that line :( )

Salsa, Elway won 2 Super Bowls. He beat the Packers and the Falcons. The Falcons game was his last. I hate Elway, too. He hitched the Broncos to him and pulled them to a win over the Packers. He dived into the end zone in the Packers game and they sent him flying. Unfortunately, he got up:) Just kidding. That he went so all out in that game seemed to really inspire his team. Because Elway has 2 rings makes it's a must that the Packers win another Super Bowl (or two) for Favre.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)