Manny AND Big Papi tested positive for Performing Enhancing Drugs in 2003!!!!

Another ex-Sox admitted to taking PED and says he is on the list, Bronson Arroyo.

Looks like the Sox were full of juicers?

Another ex-Sox admitted to taking PED and says he is on the list, Bronson Arroyo.

Looks like the Sox were full of juicers?

Did you read his "explanation"? It sounds like somoene got to him to tell him his name was coming up and to prepare a statement. It's a different take on it, I'll admit that. :rolleyes:

I do not understand all the hateful talk about Baseball players who use performance enhancement drugs! These players are real people with real lives and pressure. Everyone knows that performance enhancement drugs has some serious side effects yet these players take all the risks for their teams, teammates, and fans! There is nothing more exciting in baseball then a Home Run! Yes alot of players on the Red Sox & Yankees are being mentioned, what do both teams have in common? They are WINNERS! They do whatever it is takes to WIN, It is not there fault players in other cities are not willing to do whatever it takes to WIN, that is why they lose every year! Imagen if you had a full team on performance enhancement drugs? The team would WIN every year and that is what is important!

Most guys take "performance enhancement drugs" ever hear of Vigara? I do not see what the difference is. Mark McGwire and Samma Sosa put on a great HR race, so what if they had to take performance enhancement drugs? The action was exciting and brought more fans to the game! Win-Win for everyone!

People like looking at "larger then life superstars" it is very exciting for the fans to root for their heros, who wants to root for some skinny wimp who does not have any power? Not me! I'll take Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Giambi, Roger Clemens, Manny and Ortiz ANY day of the week! Can you imagen that line up? Would be a all star team! So it is obvious to become a all star you need to take performance enhancement drugs. I want to thank all the players who have took performance enhancement drugs so they could "be all they could be" You guys truely are heros putting your health and life on the line so us fans can enjoy HRs and great MLB action!

I do not understand all the hateful talk about Baseball players who use performance enhancement drugs! These players are real people with real lives and pressure. Everyone knows that performance enhancement drugs has some serious side effects yet these players take all the risks for their teams, teammates, and fans! There is nothing more exciting in baseball then a Home Run! Yes alot of players on the Red Sox & Yankees are being mentioned, what do both teams have in common? They are WINNERS! They do whatever it is takes to WIN, It is not there fault players in other cities are not willing to do whatever it takes to WIN, that is why they lose every year! Imagen if you had a full team on performance enhancement drugs? The team would WIN every year and that is what is important!

Most guys take "performance enhancement drugs" ever hear of Vigara? I do not see what the difference is. Mark McGwire and Samma Sosa put on a great HR race, so what if they had to take performance enhancement drugs? The action was exciting and brought more fans to the game! Win-Win for everyone!

People like looking at "larger then life superstars" it is very exciting for the fans to root for their heros, who wants to root for some skinny wimp who does not have any power? Not me! I'll take Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Giambi, Roger Clemens, Manny and Ortiz ANY day of the week! Can you imagen that line up? Would be a all star team! So it is obvious to become a all star you need to take performance enhancement drugs. I want to thank all the players who have took performance enhancement drugs so they could "be all they could be" You guys truely are heros putting your health and life on the line so us fans can enjoy HRs and great MLB action!

So basically you're saying, "if you aint cheating, you aint trying"!?

This is a slap in the face to all the players who played the game THE RIGHT WAY!!

Whatever. Bonds, Sosa and McGwire didn't invent the Home Run. Ever hear of Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth? What these guys did was cheat plain and simple. What's worse is that kids look up to these meatheads. It's bad enough that adults are encouraging kids to be throwing curve balls when they're 10 years old so they wind up getting Tommy John surgery or rotator cuff surgery before they enter high school, but now kids are going to be juicing up too cause that's what the big leaguers do.

Baseball is a game of statistics, records and titles.

Any record set by a player that tested positive for PED's will forever be tainted (cough, Bonds, cough).

At the same time, any title won on the heels of players who took PED's will be tainted. Sorry to say, but it's true.

This can't just be ignored. There was a clear advantage here. Statistics, records and titles are at stake. For love of game, I will not forget.

Not if both teams were juicing at the time the title was won. This statement is only true if you prove the opposing team wasn't taking PED's as well, which can't be done unless the entire list is released.

After 87 years of putting up with the curse I think Boston fans would have taken a WS title any way they could get it; steroids, scuffed baseballs, corked bats, you name it. Just think now both the Red Sox and Patriots have tainted championships. Makes you wonder what the Celtics have been up to.

I can't speak for all fans, but for myself (a life long Red Sox fan), I completely disagree! I would rather go 187 years putting up with the curse than to win by any means of cheating.

Aw, come on! Did you complain when Red Aurbach used to shut off the hot water and the air conditioning in the visiting team's locker room?

How about Nomar saying some clean players that didn't take the test in 2003 saying to put them down has positive so there would be testing so it was above 5% positive results because they were sick and tried of the RED. I know he was a player union rep but he could be covering for himself or others. But Nomar has said since 2003 that even tho the list was to remain private, Nomar said the list would sooner or later leak out and some players reputations could be ruined
or tainted.

About the list some lawyer thats part of the FEDs case is leaking some names so he's can make money now before the whole list comes out in the future.

I hope the list comes out and says what each name tested for, but how about the players (according to Nomar) that wanted the testing and said just mark him has positive will they be the heros for the fans, or the villans to thier teammates.

PS... BigPapi hit another HR right now LOL let's hear the haters.

but now kids are going to be juicing up too cause that's what the big leaguers do.

...No offense Anders, but you underestimate young baseball players...I have coached alot of kids and am currently assistant head baseball coach at one of the premier private catholic school programs in the country....believe me when I tell you, NONE of my kids wanna take PEDs....and none worship athletes anymore after the age of about 14.

....let's not assume...

...No offense Anders, but you underestimate young baseball players...I have coached alot of kids and am currently assistant head baseball coach at one of the premier private catholic school programs in the country....believe me when I tell you, NONE of my kids wanna take PEDs....and none worship athletes anymore after the age of about 14.

....let's not assume...
Maybe they're insulated from it while they're still young, but sooner or later guys will realize that if the majority of big leaguers are juicing then they will fell pressure to as well. Maybe it doesn't begin until a guy reaches the majors, but it's still not good. How'd you like to be a wide eyed rookie going through a slump and the clubhouse is like a Tiajuna pharmacy? How many guys are going to resist the urge to stay clean? They may as well hit with a whiffle ball bat.

Not if both teams were juicing at the time the title was won. This statement is only true if you prove the opposing team wasn't taking PED's as well, which can't be done unless the entire list is released.

Exactly! Everybody who has won a title during that era had somebody on their team that was dirty. Take that to the bank.

SO let me get this straight....just because Big Papi SAYS he didn't take PEDs, then it MUST be true? And conicidentally, MLB and the Players Union states NOT ALL players on list tested positive....hmmmm, MLB is losing MORE and MORE credibility by the day..

SO let me get this straight....just because Big Papi SAYS he didn't take PEDs, then it MUST be true? And conicidentally, MLB and the Players Union states NOT ALL players on list tested positive....hmmmm, MLB is losing MORE and MORE credibility by the day..

I believe some tested positive but you can get a false positive . That happens all the time. I do believe that Ortiz didn't know he tested positive until this year. The whole thing is messed up. Leaking names etc.

I believe some tested positive but you can get a false positive . That happens all the time. I do believe that Ortiz didn't know he tested positive until this year. The whole thing is messed up. Leaking names etc.

IF we had a REAL COMMISSIONER, this craziness would have NEVER happened. This person would have gotten rid of the list LIKE ORIGINALLY AGREED UPON...or he posted ALL THE NAMES the moment the government got their greedy little paws on it to prevent what is happening now.