Matt Stafford named Lions Starting QB

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
So Lions fans or NFL fans, what are your thoughts. I am a bit surprised, I thought Dante Culpepper would get week one. As he lost weight, knees feel good and looked ok in preseason?

I think I heard that Cullpepper was hurt, that's why I think they went ahead and named Stafford now.
If Cull is hurt, that made it a no brainer .... but the media's making a big deal out of it , but no one is reporting that Cull was hurt, nothing like doing your homework !

No way Stafford will lose the job..They made that clear today..He said this is not an experiment, and he will not have to look over his shoulder if he makes mistakes..This team is not going to win much with Culpepper, or Stafford, so let him play and get his experience. From what I can see, his confidence will not be broken..

I suspect, Culpepper will be some nice trade bait..Maybe to a contender who needs a back up???

No way Stafford will lose the job..They made that clear today..He said this is not an experiment, and he will not have to look over his shoulder if he makes mistakes..This team is not going to win much with Culpepper, or Stafford, so let him play and get his experience. From what I can see, his confidence will not be broken..

I suspect, Culpepper will be some nice trade bait..Maybe to a contender who needs a back up???

So, are the Lions content with Stanton as thier back up ?
Are you ?

Are they? No Clue, but he will be competing for it next year anyway..Culpepper is only on a 1 year deal..As for 3rd Sting, there are plenty of guys out there that could fit that bill..

I am perfectly ok with it. At least on this team..I don;t think he is too bad actually...Very mobile, Very good arm..But injury prone.

The OLine looks really good right now, but we will see this sunday.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You've been watching to many PRE-Season games ....
Lions always look good in the Pre season, even into the first quarter of the season if they get started on the right foot.

Personally, I like Stafford and hope he does well.

The OLine looks really good right now, but we will see this sunday.

I kinda agree with this here, I liked what I saw out of the oline, now because I Didnt watch much lions football last year, is it the same oline as they had last year? if these guys gel, the lions could have a pretty decent offense...but it is the lions..:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You've been watching to many PRE-Season games ....
Lions always look good in the Pre season, even into the first quarter of the season if they get started on the right foot.

Personally, I like Stafford and hope he does well.
I agree...

the lions will win at least 2 games this season ;):eek:

...and I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)