maximum number of receivers per account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fetajr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2004
I'm pretty sure that dtv allows up to 6 receivers per account with no hassle. But is it possible to have one more?

you can pretty much have an unlimited amout of recievers on your account it just depends on how much you are willing to pay. example first 4 recievers are at no cost unless you have additional advanced products, then a one time fee for the equipment for each additional, and $5 a month for each additional reciever after the first primary leased reciever... hope this helps!

Funny story I heard from another technician today, he had a service call and this guy had 23 recievers on his account. What he was doing was putting boxes and dishes at all his rental houses and renting them out with D* built into the price. :eek:

Needless to say, he got shutdown from my understanding.

I had a customer call in a troubleshooting call and in there house they had 18 recievers and been a long time customer. I heard of some ultra richer having up to 30 but never seen it my self

I understand that business accounts may be different, but I've been to quite a few bars that have had 30+ receivers to have individual programming to each TV. Who is DTV to say that you can't have that much on a personal account if they are truly at the same service location?

How about this one, I am in the process of building an "in-law house" on my property, which my mother will be moving into. If I just add a box to my account and put up the old dish I have, will I have any problems?

How about this one, I am in the process of building an "in-law house" on my property, which my mother will be moving into. If I just add a box to my account and put up the old dish I have, will I have any problems?

no as long as the house is still part of the original address and you do it yourself. If you call d* to do it, i dont think its possible the work order will come across correctly to have a tech paid fairly to do the install. and you might see a few angry techs and reschedules, but if you can do it yourself go for it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts