Maxiumum Distance Dish to PC

lee157

Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Hi All,

I JUST signed up for Wildblue and needed pole mount so I did this myself where the installer told me. Now I have been reading that 100' is maximum distance,,,, well I'm a little over that,,,, I'm going to guess about 125'.

Can use of a better coaxial cable offset this? I know RG-11 is better than RG-59 and RG-6

Do I actually have a real concern anyway?

This will be installed sometime around 10-5-07

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for any help!

RG-11 WOULD be better... but most likely the installer would not have the tools to terminate RG-11, and technically, it is not approved by Wildblue.

That said, 125' should work fine. 50-100' is preferred, but you should be ok.

Some things you may think about... can you shorten that run inside the house anywhere? Maybe set the modem at the entry point of the house, hook up a router, and run some ethernet cable?

Well I looked it over and thought it out,,

I can run a straight path to the home (real pain) come up in the corner of my office and split everything with a 10-100 switch after the modem and take my additional footage with Cat 6 cable and this will make my coax cable 90' +-

So maybe I'll be OK but I will still use the better cable.

i have got 2 systems out there hat is over length buy a lot. One is at 172 feet and one at 185 feet. the 172 has been in for a couple months and so far has not been back. The 185 is 2 weeks old and works so far. I would not recommend this keep it under 150 feet of coax ( this counts going up poles and up walls) and it should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)