May 4 - Live Retailer Chat Recap!

On May 6th Dish will be downloading videos to all 522's, 625's & 942's showing how to use your DVR and also to promote club Dish (I can see the complaints already) :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
On May 6th Dish will be downloading videos to all 522's, 625's & 942's showing how to use your DVR and also to promote club Dish (I can see the complaints already) :D

Thanks for the heads up...I will remember to turn updates off that day. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
They are now talking about changes to the Retailer Web site...

I should note they were really trying to get the message across theat they would rather not upgrade folks to get VOOM, since they will need to swap all equipment out again when MPEG4 comes out.

Does all the equipment(lnbs, switches, and receivers) have to be swapped out for MPEG4 or just the receivers?

It should just be the receivers. MPEG4 by itself won't affect the LNBs or switches.

But if they start changing the orbital slots around for existing programming, then expect the other kinds of swaps. I doubt they'll do much if any of that though. And note, this has nothing to do with their requests or rumored intentions of moving the satellites around a little...

Sounds like it might be a good idea for HD subscribers to hold off on adding a second dish for Voom on 61.5 with all the shuffling going on? Is Dish even going to let its HD subscribers know there is new content available?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats it for this chat.

Entire key here is wait for mpeg4 :)

Yup. Even though they didn't address it, from the tone of the chat, I doubt they'll take the trouble to mirror at 148. Oh well, back to waiting until Fall for more HD again. :(

NightRyder

Must have more HD now. . . . . Kind of like Homer and Donuts . . .

Looks like I need to move my 148 degree dish and loose some local PBS stations.

I cant wait for Mpeg4, Mpeg4 is still vapor ware.

Scott Greczkowski said:
the Dish VOD service will cost $4.99 a month, movies will not be able to be saved and will only be viewable for 24 hours.

So what you are saying is-they are going to charge for a lesser service then say what I get from Comcast and their On Demand service for free and tons more options ( like saving the movie, lots more programing, etc ).

Is E*'s mindset about 3 years ago, do they not understand that cable is really kicking their a*s in a lot of areas in the U.S. (yes I know cable is not the same everywhere).

jbcheshire said:
And, what does VOD give you that's better than getting a movie off the PPV channels?
Well, I can start a movie anytime I want. Pause it, rewind it, fast forward,stop it and play it again at a later time where I left off. This is with Charter and the Moxi DVR anyways. I love it, and its free.

dispatcher_21 said:
Well, I can start a movie anytime I want. Pause it, rewind it, fast forward,stop it and play it again at a later time where I left off. This is with Charter and the Moxi DVR anyways. I love it, and its free.

so you don't have to pay for your movies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts