May 4 - Live Retailer Chat Recap!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With cable (at least in my TWC area) you get the VOD of a premium at no additional cost when you subscribe to that premium. For example, with HBO you get HBO On Demand.

There is still a PPV VOD on the cable system (in my area) though, where you get to watch a movie for 24 hours. I don't know if those are DVRable but I doubt it...

Scott,

Do you think they are going to add any HD to 61.5 or the main bird before they go Mpeg 4?

Do you think 61.5 is only a temporary spot until they go 129? I just got a 61.5 installed yesterday... I guess I can rotate it to 129 if I have to....

Thanks for all your great reporting...

I know around here, Comcast has a lot of VOD shows which are free. Sure there are also the PPV movies, but they have a pretty good library of VOD material too. Plus I think that HBO and others have VOD content as well.

Charlie says that retailers will have to swap out over 25 million boxes in the next 3 years???? Is that going to wind up being every MPEG2 box? If so who would want to buy a new box right now. Someone tell me I am wrong. Oh Boy! And what does He mean by "swap out"?

It is every MPEG2 box. And by swap out I'm pretty sure it's they send you a new box you give them your old. No charges no worries about equipment being doorstops because they'll cover you. Hopefully :)

Sounds like everyone needs to sit back and wait. Buying any new boxes right now would be a waste unless they will be swaped out for free. I guess I got more time to get that HDTV that I have been wanting.

From the sound of things I do not expect to see the VOOM channels mirrored on 148 EVER. And I am also of the feeling that VOOM on 61.5 is temporary and they will move once Dish swtiches to MPEG4.

As I said earlier I see a major channel satellite shuffle coming up down the line.

BFG said:
because the DPP44 switch that's needed costs more than what the customer would pay for the upgrade ;)
Isn't the DPP44 included in the $100 installation price. That what I was told when I ordered it. They already have my money and Saturday is the install day.

No, they told retailers today that the DPP44 is not included in the $100 second dish install,and if it was used, the customer would have to pay extra. That is one of the reasons the discouraged retailers from marketing the voom channels in Superdish markets.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From the sound of things I do not expect to see the VOOM channels mirrored on 148 EVER. And I am also of the feeling that VOOM on 61.5 is temporary and they will move once Dish swtiches to MPEG4.

As I said earlier I see a major channel satellite shuffle coming up down the line.

Wasn't it last fall 2 years ago when the good ole 105 / superdish fiasco started??? :)

Yes it was, and wasnt the Super Dish Super?

Talk about the BIGGEST FLOP outside the Edsel. (And let's not talk about the 921 PLEASE) :D

BFG said:
No, they told retailers today that the DPP44 is not included in the $100 second dish install,and if it was used, the customer would have to pay extra. That is one of the reasons the discouraged retailers from marketing the voom channels in Superdish markets.
Many people have already reported that they received the DPP44 for the $100 installation price. They simply take back the DP34 switch in exchange.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes it was, and wasnt the Super Dish Super?

Talk about the BIGGEST FLOP outside the Edsel. (And let's not talk about the 921 PLEASE) :D

I remember... I couldn't even wait for them to release the superflopdish. I bought a 1 meter dish off ebay so I could be the cool kid on the block (not as cool as darkman and his dish farm though :shocked )

That dish lasted about 2 weeks outside my house. It was cool watching that "you have a SuperDish" channel... For all of 30 seconds. Its still in my basement, waiting to make a comeback!

jergenf said:
Many people have already reported that they received the DPP44 for the $100 installation price. They simply take back the DP34 switch in exchange.

That's what they did for me yesterday. Took the 34.... installed the 44 and it cost $99.95 total....

Well Im going to waite for the MPEG4 receivers to come out! Due to by then everyone will be able to get the Voom HD plus all the rest and any others in the future. Plus you will only need one dish so there is no need for me to spend the money now just waite untill the 411 comes out. Scott when do you think the 411 will start shipping???? Keep up the good work Scott and the crew. :)

I'm thinking of going with DISH once they have all of Voom's 21 HD channels up and running. Am I better off waiting for them to release their MPEG 4 receivers (hopefully one of a DVR) and their new DISH 1000 system before joining? If like Scott says, in his opinion 61.5 could be just a temporary solution for Voom's 21, then be moved over to either 129 or 110/119, then why get equipment now, only to have to replace it later?

Yeah well main thing was getting the X-Voom Customers taken care of putting it on 61.5 so they could get it plus Dish. So smart on Dish part but again in near future all Dish HD subscribers will be able to get all of the HD once MPEG4 receivers start getting out to customers. So I agree with Scott and again smat on Dish part to get the X-Voom Customers to come to Dish instead of Direct. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)