may have to cancel voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDjunkie

Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Still only getting one local channel after adjusting stealth antenna myself. A new installer is coming out to to see what he can do. If he can't fix it i will have to cancel my voom service. The wifey was not happy last night. some of her favorite shows are on cbs and wb... one tree hill, gilmore girls, csi(thrusday)....Luckly I have broadband cable which gets basic cable tv .

HDjunkie said:
Still only getting one local channel after adjusting stealth antenna myself. A new installer is coming out to to see what he can do. If he can't fix it i will have to cancel my voom service. The wifey was not happy last night. some of her favorite shows are on cbs and wb... one tree hill, gilmore girls, csi(thrusday)....Luckly I have broadband cable which gets basic cable tv .

So which local channels are showing in your PG? Do you know for sure that they were mapped by VOOM.

Go to this site and verify if you have not done so.

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

HDjunkie said:

My install is tomorrow and I already know ahead of time that the Stealth won't cut it since I tried that unit sometime ago with my present setup and ended up buying a SquareShooter antenna.

If your channels are mapped correctly, convince your installer to put something else up....thats what we were promised if the Stealth doesn't work. Make sure he knows it ahead of time though so your not re-scheduled yet again.

Bill

yeah all channels are mapped 24 locals show in my gude...i get 2 channels pbs 13 miles away and fox 36 miles away...but no abc, nbc, cbs which according to antennaweb are 36 miles away... but i think they are about 40miles...the first intallers did not install the amp...this new contractor may come out tomorrow to install the amp just waiting for the call

HDjunkie said:
but i think they are about 40miles...the first intallers did not install the amp...this new contractor may come out tomorrow to install the amp just waiting for the call

That just might work for you. The Stealth is rated for about 30 miles (sans the amp). The amp will give you 15dB of gain...probably more than enough.

Bill

Acerone said:
What are your signal strength for the channels not coming in?

signal strength jumps between 13 and 20 for channels not coming in

signal strength jumps between 50 and 70 for PBS and FOX great pic quality

satellite strength around 37 to 49

Tacoma, Washington 98445 installed

I had to make some adjustments to my stealth antenna myself also. I took a long pole and hit my antenna a couple times so it would move some and the signal came in for my CBS channel. Now all my channels are coming in.

when the installer up my stealth i only got 1 local channel OTA. I took apart whatever he put up and put a indoor loop antenna (amplified) and now get all the local channels in HD. try just pluggin in a indoor antenna and see what you get.

new installer came out today 3/11..noticed the antenna was pointing in the wrong direction.he installed the amp andhe movethe antenna around still no signal...then reinstall the atenna in a diff location still no signal. he said the stealth antenna not strong enough. tv towers are located on Queen Ann hill in Seattle, Washington which is 50 miles awayfrom me..the stealth is rated for 45vhf and 30miles uhf. away he is searching for a new atenna to install. ..so if live in Tacoma, Washington the stealth antenna may not work for u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)