Maybe no Hopper today. I need another dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
The very courteous installer just left. He said in order to have a two Hopper, two Joey setup, I will need another dish because he doesn't have a Duo Node. He says if he finds one, he will return. I have my fingers crossed. :)

Not too worried. We knew there would be bumps in the beginning. Just curious why they would send him out here without one. I guess they are in short suply.

Well, he told me his shop doesn't have any Duos. He said Dish or another contractor would be contacting me. I just hope its today :)

Another dish is not going to do any good, he needs a Duo (dual) node. That is the ONLY way its going to work in that install.

Actually another dish would work. 2 1000.2 dishes with 2 lines each to 2 solo nodes. Or one dish and 2 44 switches and 2 solo nodes. Obviously the dual node would be infinitely better as the systems would be essentially seperate and joeys couldn't be switched from hopper to hopper...oh, and you wouldn't have 2 dishes on your house

Actually another dish would work. 2 1000.2 dishes with 2 lines each to 2 solo nodes. Or one dish and 2 44 switches and 2 solo nodes. Obviously the dual node would be infinitely better as the systems would be essentially seperate and joeys couldn't be switched from hopper to hopper...oh, and you wouldn't have 2 dishes on your house
You create other problems when you start doing mad scientist schemes with say 2 solo nodes for a 2 hopper system. The only people who should be doing that is someone who is self installing and willing to waste their own time experimenting. A good installer won't get involved with that mess.

[QUOTE="He said Dish or another contractor would be contacting me. )[/QUOTE]

he didn't want to do the job!! JMO

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You create other problems when you start doing mad scientist schemes with say 2 solo nodes for a 2 hopper system. The only people who should be doing that is someone who is self installing and willing to waste their own time experimenting. A good installer won't get involved with that mess.

These mad scientist schemes will be the solution when we get some apartments that allow only one dish per building. Very common in my area. There's going to be loads of switches and taps and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)