MDU 4K Support?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steepanddeep

Original poster
Apr 12, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hey everyone, just ordered DTV for my prewired apartment. Question I can't seem to find an answer to is if 4K is supported in MDUs? Would love to get some 4K on my TV but haven't seen the details spelled out anyone. Appreciate the help.

:welcome to Satelliteguys steepanddeep!

From what I have read, which isn't official, mdu customers are SOL for now regarding 4K.

Technically speaking you should be able to get 4K in an MDU but I'm not sure DirecTV will allow it because right now there is no reverse band LNB suitable for MDUs, and although 4K is not yet on the reverse band it will be at some time in the future.

The equipment is still in development, and I mean development not testing. There are lots of variables and your mdu will need hardware upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It can be done but the technology is not there yet. It's supposed to use the flex port on the existing SWM network.

Do you know if the 72.5 flex port would work? Claude do you have more info? It looks like MDU customers are in the same boat as international customers. This was so poorly put together. I dont know why DirecTV didn't have forward thinking when it comes to 4K and hardware requirements. Someone failed at their job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts