Me Tv Chicago is going national

Status
Please reply by conversation.
verify it against the national feed. Maybe time zone difference? I know the one posted yesterday (KDEV-LP Cheyenne, WY) its off by 2 hours but matches the schedule program by program

Both the national (according to TitanTV) and the local as listed for KAZT-ME have the same listings. I haven't watched long enough to see what the offset is for time, but they are NOT the same as of this morning. Which would make me wonder, where are they getting that second feed from, even if it is a timed delay, like all the stations that RTV has where each station gets it's own separate feed. Or is there a possibility they are taping (or equivalent) these shows then broadcasting them at a different time?

And @tripinva, thank you for all that wonderful information, but geographically, there is no way for me to get Bullhead City, Laughlin or Needles stations here, and the 13.1 and the associated 13.2 and Cooltv on 13.3 from Las Vegas I mentioned earlier is my antennae aimed at the tower south of Las Vegas, right off the 215 freeway. Weather plays an important part of what I can and cannot receive from there, and I would immagine wind speed and direction also. It's about 90 miles away, with high peaks betwen here and there, and on the other side of Black Canyon where Bolder Dam is located. Trippy and true, we git it occasionally.

Photto

I have recently found the KDOC wiki
KDOC-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
which states they run programming from various sources on their main channel, including ME-TV. They have a ME-TV sub channel as well. May be worth it to check the KDOC schedule
KDOC-TV Los Angeles Program Schedule
to see if any of the ME-TV 2 progamming lines up with the main KDOC 56.1 channel.
I do not have C-Band to check myself, but do have a friend with C-Band. Might take a while for me to check. (he is also only on dialup)

yeah the moron who did that was wrong. I've watched "MeTV2" most of the day and either it matches what is on MeTV or is reruns of other MeTV programs.

Example (what is on the "main channel" in ())
4:30 was Rawhide (Hawaii 5-0)
5:00 Branded (Hogans Heroes)
5:30 The Guns of Will Sonnet (Hogans Heroes)
6:00 it was back to same on both

Well, I finally got a chance to compare the two signals, OTA MeTV and Satellite, the OTA is three hours behind. I'm in Mountain Time. No daylight savings time here, so it is the same as Pacific.

My first hint was that Hawaii 50 was on OTA at 5:00, it is on Satellite at 2:00 Eastern, and everything after that follows the schedule as publishes by National.

Now, my question again, are they taping (or equivalent) and rebroadcasting later, or is there a second source for the different programing?

And again, I'll point out, TitanTV shows the same programming for both sources at the same time, so to look at the program info on TitanTV, you'd think the same show was running at the same time.

Is there a way to "adjust" TitanTV?

Photto

Well, I finally got a chance to compare the two signals, OTA MeTV and Satellite, the OTA is three hours behind. I'm in Mountain Time. No daylight savings time here, so it is the same as Pacific.
so they are using some type of delayed feed
Now, my question again, are they taping (or equivalent) and rebroadcasting later, or is there a second source for the different programing?
good question. There is only the one feed out there (the one on 87W) but if you watch the commercials they says "Eastern/Pacific".

Is there a way to "adjust" TitanTV?
I plugged in KDOC-DT3 and it shows the delayed feed.
Thats really the only one I could find. The rest of the Pacific feeds of "MeTV" affiliates are mix of MeTV and other stuff

Last edited:
One of my retired engineering friends says an eastern broadcast, delayed 3 hours for Pacific time uses an off the shelf digital delay computer. No extra programing required. One hour is almost impossible to automate and 2 hour can cause frequent problems. Three hours rotates 3 files so "always works"..!! Yeah, we know electronics!
POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts