Media Manager - Now availible

My DVR is HD, so I need all of the 160GB for HD. There is no GB left over for the shared SD content on the drive. That is my issue with it.

-John

MediaManager and Multiroom DVR

This weekend, I had MultiMedia Manager set up, and it works great. THe process took over an hour with verizon, it took calls to Sales and tech support. I loaded the software on 2 pcs, and can see the slide shows and hear the MP3s from any TV in the house (I have 4 DVRs).

The first issue is that they don't allow listening to MP3s in a random way, so if you have 10 CDs in the list, it plays the songs in order, first CD to last. Also, the video gets covered up with their GUI, so the TV stations are not viewable. Using the slideshow viewer, the audio from the TV station stays on.

Also I realized a key problem with the Multi-room DVR:
If I replaced 3 of the 4 DVRs for standard boxes, and kept the DVR attached to the only HD TV I have, the other three will be unable to Pause and rewind live TV. This was enough of an issue to cause me to reconsider, and continue to use/pay the $12.99 per mo for all 4 DVRs. Storage, as discussed previously is an issue as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)