Media Share Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Music, Photos & More

I’d like to use this feature. My computer is connected to my receiver. I am able to download VOD. However, “Music Photos & More” does not appear in the main Menu.

The DVR Receiver users guide states: Compatible models include the Directv Plus Hd Dvr ( models HR20 or later) or Directv Plus DVR ( model R22). Other models may support Directv Media Share in the future.

My HD DVR is a HR20-700. Does my receiver support Media Share?

If it does, what needs to be done so (Music Photos and More) shows up in my main menu.

Thanks

For a direct connection between a computer and the HR20, you probably need a crossover ethernet cable.

Most connections use a router, so that the receiver is also connected to the internet for On demand, etc.

Yeah I have been using TVersity for many years now and I'm very happy with it, it also works on Xbox 360 and a PS3 if you have them.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

In the past I tried and tried with WMP because I did not want to DL yet another program. But it just would not work no matter what I tried.
So, I finally tried TVersity, and I didnt have to do any work. “Music Photos & More” popped right in :)

I had 2-HR23-700's, one day, one got struck by lightning. It was replaced by a HR22-100. Before I had media share on both receivers and now it's not on the"new" HR22. I am using TVersity and I see the DVR on the media server and I can use Whole House DVR off of both receivers using 2-Netgear routers (One as a wireless access point). I just don't see the Media Share on my menu.

Any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.