Media Share Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Music, Photos & More

I’d like to use this feature. My computer is connected to my receiver. I am able to download VOD. However, “Music Photos & More” does not appear in the main Menu.

The DVR Receiver users guide states: Compatible models include the Directv Plus Hd Dvr ( models HR20 or later) or Directv Plus DVR ( model R22). Other models may support Directv Media Share in the future.

My HD DVR is a HR20-700. Does my receiver support Media Share?

If it does, what needs to be done so (Music Photos and More) shows up in my main menu.

Thanks

For a direct connection between a computer and the HR20, you probably need a crossover ethernet cable.

Most connections use a router, so that the receiver is also connected to the internet for On demand, etc.

Yeah I have been using TVersity for many years now and I'm very happy with it, it also works on Xbox 360 and a PS3 if you have them.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

In the past I tried and tried with WMP because I did not want to DL yet another program. But it just would not work no matter what I tried.
So, I finally tried TVersity, and I didnt have to do any work. “Music Photos & More” popped right in :)

I had 2-HR23-700's, one day, one got struck by lightning. It was replaced by a HR22-100. Before I had media share on both receivers and now it's not on the"new" HR22. I am using TVersity and I see the DVR on the media server and I can use Whole House DVR off of both receivers using 2-Netgear routers (One as a wireless access point). I just don't see the Media Share on my menu.

Any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.