Media Share

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Ok having problems finding this information even though I know I saw it a few weeks ago somewhere...

I want to take a spare computer I've got and use it as a media PC on the network. I want to connect my OTA antenna to it and record OTA onto it. I may also want to server music, videos, photos, etc, to the HR24 using Media Share.

SOMEWHERE, I saw a list of programs that you could install on the computer to enable this. TVersity was one. I think Twonky was another. I really don't want to use Windows Media Center if possible and in fact would prefer a linux-based media server as that's my everyday OS and I like it.

My first thought was MythTV, but it doesn't look like MythTV streams over network. It appears to be made to be directly connected PC-to-TV which is not what I want.

Anyone got a source of information I can start digging through? I know I'll need a tuner card or USB tuner for the PC. Preferably 2 of them.

I do have legitimate access to Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit so if all I can find is a windows solution... I might bite the bullet and just go that way, but I REALLY don't want a windows computer running on my network. :)

Thanks for any info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)