Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Ok having problems finding this information even though I know I saw it a few weeks ago somewhere...

I want to take a spare computer I've got and use it as a media PC on the network. I want to connect my OTA antenna to it and record OTA onto it. I may also want to server music, videos, photos, etc, to the HR24 using Media Share.

SOMEWHERE, I saw a list of programs that you could install on the computer to enable this. TVersity was one. I think Twonky was another. I really don't want to use Windows Media Center if possible and in fact would prefer a linux-based media server as that's my everyday OS and I like it.

My first thought was MythTV, but it doesn't look like MythTV streams over network. It appears to be made to be directly connected PC-to-TV which is not what I want.

Anyone got a source of information I can start digging through? I know I'll need a tuner card or USB tuner for the PC. Preferably 2 of them.

I do have legitimate access to Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit so if all I can find is a windows solution... I might bite the bullet and just go that way, but I REALLY don't want a windows computer running on my network. :)

Thanks for any info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)