Mediacom Slow Speed Internet !

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
As Mediacom continues to add Internet customers in Central Missouri, their Internet speeds continue to worsen. Average area speeds during peak hours are about 4-6 times dial up or a 1/10 of the advertised 5MB downstream.

They refuse to sink more money into increased capacity out to the internet so since DSL prices have dropped in the area, go DSL, you will get what you pay for.

Last edited:
It's not just Cental Missouri, looks like all over the place. Corporate greed, they don't want to pay for the proper bandwidth out to the Internet.

It used to fly, pretty sad. I do consulting on the side and alot of home support, I have switched 5 homes and 1 business to DSL in last two days because of their terrible performance.

Ours speeds here in Ridgecrest, CA are getting much much better. Instead of 800kbps we are now running at 4700kbps off peak and 3000kbps peak. We are still doing maintenance so we should be getting our speeds even more stable now :)

i had Quote HIGH SPEED From MediaCom... I finally switched to Verizon DSL and it is ONE MEG faster than MediaCRAPS High Speed. They SUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts