Meet the DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish actually has the local RSN(s) and MLB Network in Dish Latino Dos [eligible for HD Free for Life] for $44.99/month.
The issue I was commenting on was the misleading statement that says, "The sports I want," when the sport I want is not included.

Besides that package you listed is missing most of the channels I want as does not carry my local RSNs in HD.

Can't get it. Don't see Style, Oxygen or Fuse. Wife would NOT be happy. And seems like there should be a lot more "HD" icons on there. There's a lot of channels in that list that have HD broadcasts. What's the deal with DirecTV not offering those? Heck my local cable company has it all. So much so that they resorted to adding "RFD HD" today because that obscure channel is one of the few that's left to be added.

The issue I was commenting on was the misleading statement that says, "The sports I want," when the sport I want is not included.

I dont think it is misleading. It simply does not meet your requirements for sports. I am sure they didnt mean you personally, and instead meant it in general, which ESPN and ESPN2 along with locals would satsify. :)

For me it misses slightly with the lack of ESPN U. Several SEC basketball and baseball games I would miss without that one.

I'm going to look over the different packages before I decide what I'm going to do. How times have changed. Growing up with about 4 stations and then getting 20 and then cable etc. Who would have thought we would have so many channels with so much junk on them. NESN shows informercials during the day. When that network started they talked about showing sports from all over New England . We would all be better off with less channels and more quality programming. I know a few coworkers who dropped cable and don't even miss it.

I noticed another channel not available is Big Ten Network, I know for most of the country not a big deal, but Michigan football games are shown on that channel as well. I will be staying put for now with choice extra or whatever it's called now :)

No big surprise, but Direct has updated there website with the entertainment package.

Jimbo said:
Wonder if eventually they will come out with a "Sports" plus package, one with the Sports and the basic other channels.

Or maybe ala carte bundles such as sports, entertainment, lifestyle, educational, youth, movie, religious, shopping, music, etc. Individual bundles may even have tiers. Pick and choose what bundles best suit your wants. Probably will never happen but seems a nice compromise between the current bundle model and true ala carte.

This means that an additional HD DVR will now run $20/month? Are they doing the Dish thing and charging different rates for different types of receiver and getting rid of the flat additional receiver fee?

DK
For fun I ran a bogus order on the D* site this morning
It shows for a HR34 & 2 HD receivers

$20 for "advanced receiver service" which is HD, DVR and MRV. There is a $10 credit (assume for HD)
Then below that it says 3 receivers for $18 with a $6 credit

so receivers are still $6 a month.

Last edited:
the site also shows a different entertainment pack. :( For example, no animal planet (the first one I noticed)
AdEXxJ3kB5EfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The website has to be wrong. They are missing a TON of channels in the list right now. Most of the religious/shopping ones arent there either. Scott's list seems to be more accurate

Give it a day or so and the bugs "hopefully" are worked out on the site

clicking the "print my channel list" Nick is the last one on the list....so yeah its still being worked on

I dont think it is misleading. It simply does not meet your requirements for sports. I am sure they didnt mean you personally, and instead meant it in general, which ESPN and ESPN2 along with locals would satsify. :)

For me it misses slightly with the lack of ESPN U. Several SEC basketball and baseball games I would miss without that one.
Usually one's local sports on their local RSNs are the sports they want, as opposed to poker or the spelling bee on ESPN (neither of which are sports).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts