Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Folks this just get more and more interesting...

Here are copies of two memos which we were sent by a number of anonymous sources.

MEMORANDUM

TO: DISTRIBUTION
DATE: FEBRUARY 28, 2005
RE: VOOM TRANSITION

The Board of Directors of Cablevision has been unable to reach an agreement with certain Class B shareholders regarding the sale of the VOOM business and, therefore, the Board has directed us to close the VOOM DBS business including VOOM 21. Thus, we begin a transition and we wanted to outline our initial thoughts. While we do expect job reductions to occur, we will encourage VOOM employees to pursue the many open positions we have within divisions of Cablevision, such as Cable & Communications, Madison Square Garden and our various programming entities.

I have asked Tom Rutledge, our chief operating officer, to lead the transition team to manage this shutdown. He will be working closely with me and with VOOM’s executive leadership to accomplish this in the most productive manner possible.

As we sort through the various issues we will keep you informed and tell you what we have planned in this regard. Cablevision has a long history of strongly valuing our relationships with our employees and you should know that this heritage will continue to be in the forefront of our thinking as we proceed.

We are also committed to treating our subscribers in an organized and appropriate manner, and we ask that you help in this effort. We will provide more specifics on this front as they become available.

Our goal is that this transition will be conducted in the most sensitive and professional way possible for our employees, customers and business partners.
This change will help Cablevision to be in the best possible position to build upon the strong operating performance of our telecommunications, sports, programming and entertainment businesses.

Thank you and we will continue to keep you informed.

After the memo was sent out this one was sent

TO: All Rainbow DBS & VOOM21 Employees
DATE: Feb. 28, 2005
SUBJECT: VOOM

VOOM is going through a period of uncertainty. What you need to know is that members of the Dolan Family remain committed to this bright and promising business. Financing for the purchase of VOOM operations is in place. We’re optimistic that we will be able to work out an arrangement that meets the needs of all the parties involved. Meanwhile, it’s important to note that VOOM will continue to provide service to its customers while these discussions continue.

You’ve all been through a lot in the past few weeks. We regret all the confusion and stress. Please know how much we appreciate your support, hard work and professionalism during these trying times. We hope that you will stay on and help us take this exciting project into the future.

Attachments

• JDEMPLOYEEMEMOFINAL.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 572
  • VOOMmemo.doc
    20 KB · Views: 430
Just think how strange it would be to be an employee at your desk and get the two memos, one after the other. What on earth would you think?

I've been in a company through a buy over and it sucks. Everything is constantly changing, luckily i've kept my job through 2 buyouts.

I feel for these voom employees..

Geno said:
Just think how strange it would be to be an employee at your desk and get the two memos, one after the other. What on earth would you think?
I'd think, "I'll wait for the 3rd and see what it says." While I browse the classifieds

Got some confidential information of the events... I will post as soon as I finish reading... This stuff gets better by the minute.

Sean Mota said:
Got some confidential information of the events... I will post as soon as I finish reading... This stuff gets better by the minute.
Hurry, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat..

Here's how everything happened. This is coming from a good source that is near the events.

1) James Dolan issued the "VOOM is going to be dismantled" email after the board meeting was over. The email was sent to VOOM employees but not all Cablevision employees. Within minutes he puts a Press Release to put pressure on father to buy at his price.

2) Within minutes of the email, ****** (Remove name) Cablevision board member called the GM of HDNews to alert him that he, Chuck, and Tom were definitely NOT done trying to work out a deal. He added that the financing IS in place for both the purchase and operation of VOOM. The hang-up has something to do with removing Cablevision's legal and financial liability.

3) There was a meeting with the HDNews staff. NO timetables were given for layoffs. It was emphasized that layoffs were possible, if not probable... But they certainly weren't definite.

4) Chuck and Tom sent out an email to their employees to that end, saying that they are still trying to work a deal.

"The Board of Directors of Cablevision has been unable to reach an agreement with certain Class B shareholders regarding the sale of the VOOM business..."

Possible translation: "It isn't me that's shutting down your business, Pops. It's those Class B shareholders."

(Hmmmm.... I thought I posted this before, and it got deleted?)

This is scary stuff, I was enjoying my voom came up here read this terrible news went downstairs to get as much Voom as possible in, and what do you know it is dead, I have no signal, the local channels come in fine no sat signal, I'm sure it is just the weather but very unsettling all the same, any other Michigan Voomers with no signal?

Scott Greczkowski said:
What a ride! :D

Actually, I think the whole Voom rollercoaster is a plot by Scott to increase traffic on the SatelliteGuys website. ;) Everytime something like this happens with Voom, the floodgates open and a ton of people come on in. :D (But the new server is handling the traffic nicely so far!)

jame_g said:
Actually, I think the whole Voom rollercoaster is a plot by Scott to increase traffic on the SatelliteGuys website. ;) Everytime something like this happens with Voom, the floodgates open and a ton of people come on in. :D (But the new server is handling the traffic nicely so far!)

Maybe, Scott is in reality Chuck..
<insert devious laugh here>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts