Menu Display Issue

kingofku

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Riverside County, California
I was looking for the "Bugs" area to post but can't find it. Perhaps Iceberg can move this to the appropriate area.

Anyway, in the single satellite search window, I noticed that the search window displayed AMC-1 and I was actually looking at AMC-15. Turns out the line of text is truncated beyond the 1.

Is there anyway to move the line over to the left a bit or make the font a bit smaller?

Thanks.

kingofku said:
I was looking for the "Bugs" area to post but can't find it. Perhaps Iceberg can move this to the appropriate area.

Anyway, in the single satellite search window, I noticed that the search window displayed AMC-1 and I was actually looking at AMC-15. Turns out the line of text is truncated beyond the 1.

Is there anyway to move the line over to the left a bit or make the font a bit smaller?

Thanks.

Both 105w K AMC15 and 105w C AMC15 satellite names display fine in Single Satellite Search menu. The naming on either satellite position is only 12 characters.

Did you modify the satellite names in your list? How many characters are in your naming convention? Are the satellite names exceeding 16 characters? What firmware version?

In the microHD default satellite list, the names are up to 16 Alpha/Numeric characters. All menus and OSD support these 16 character naming.

Both 105w K AMC15 and 105w C AMC15 satellite names display fine in Single Satellite Search menu. The naming on either satellite position is only 12 characters.

Did you modify the satellite names in your list? How many characters are in your naming convention? Are the satellite names exceeding 16 characters? What firmware version?

In the microHD default satellite list, the names are up to 16 Alpha/Numeric characters. All menus and OSD support these 16 character naming.

It's the preloaded satellite name Brian. I did not change or modify the name. As for firmware, I just downloaded the latest and greatest early last week. It just shows up
105W AMC1 instead of 105W AMC15. I'll double check and make sure the description is 16 characters and will advise.

I'm seeing the same thing in the Single Satellite Search menu. It doesn't bother me, but that's what's there ! :) Maybe there's a leading space ? What I see is
"(24/44) 105w K AMC1"
[edit] When I restore defaults, and add the one sat, 105W, THEN I see the correct description. BUT IF I restore my user data base, THEN the description is truncated by a character. It looks like an incompatibility between our early channel lists and data, and LATER default settings. ?? Perhaps we'll just have to reset defaults , and rescan everything ?

Last edited:
.udf files are compatible, but will not incorporate some programming changes facilitated in recent firmware versions.

The satellite names will be truncated on Satellite / Transponder / Channel list created with original firmware. Not a bad idea to rescan based on the latest firmware version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)