Mercury II >>> DYNAMIC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Fortec Mercury II receiver is now replaced by Fortec DYNAMIC. This new receiver is exactly the same as MERCURY II except, it has a different faceplate.

118-1.jpg

DYNAMIC will be available within a few days from our store.

Yes the same guts and f/w. Nothing different except the front Faceplate. I guess Fortec engineers woke up one day and said " If it ain't broken, why fix it. Hmm, lets. just change the faceplate on this receiver, and let's call it DYNAMIC". Voalaaa, new receiver....:)

I am glad we will have the same machine - the MII is a great machine. That's Dynamic!

Yes, it's gorgeous.
However, I run mine by the remote control, and the on-screen display.
So, as long as those are good, I'm happy. :cool:
Whether a box is thick or thin, black or silver, wide or narrow, it's what's inside that counts.
. . . all of which should run cool, of course. - :up

Although . . . maybe we should tell Fortec that until they deliver a Passion, we're not taking on any new receivers from them. - :eek:
I wonder if they'd finally get the message? :eureka

( yes, I'm beating a thoroughly dead horse...! )

I don't like it ( the idea not the box)

why end one box to bring out the same box. is it cloned ?? or what

why not add more to it ac-3 or whatever.... why not bring out the Passion ie Vaporware

is it that hard to revamp the euro model to work in the US?? is it that hard to get 4:2:2 working ??

something is amiss here.....

I don't like it ( the idea not the box)

why end one box to bring out the same box. is it cloned ?? or what

why not add more to it ac-3 or whatever.... why not bring out the Passion ie Vaporware

is it that hard to revamp the euro model to work in the US?? is it that hard to get 4:2:2 working ??

something is amiss here.....

I didn't like the old one, putting it in a new box ain't gonna help. When new receivers come out with new features I get excited. A new faceplate, not so much. :)

Heck most manufacturers have PVR's in at least ONE of their receivers now, Fortec...?

The Fortec Star Dynamic is Mercury II hardware with a different faceplate. The Mercury II cosmetics could not be continued in production, so a new model name was assigned to avoid marketing confusion.

Dynamic is a limited availability model that has been produced to meet the market needs until the next generation model is released in Q1, 2009. The Mercury II model continues to sell strong, but the current stock was due to run out before the next generation model could be produced.

We have purchased the last remaining stock of Mercury IIs and like Sadoun, will also be offering the Dynamic model for resale and wholesale distribution as soon as it arrives in North America (within the week).

The replacement Q1 model is SD and supports USB functions.

read between the lines

SatelliteAV and Sadoun may have inside info on the unit, and just be unable to disclose.

So, let me ask this question to all SatGuys: if it's got a USB port and it won't take a hard drive, wtf is the USB port for? - :rolleyes:
I will ass-u-me that it's a PVR.
All the manufacturers are finally seeing the light.
It's the next logical step.
And this would be a good thing. - :cool:

Brian, I appreciate the integrity you show in supporting the OTHER GREAT GOLD sponsor here. The two of you working together makes this experience more than just a great hobby! And thanks for the update for Q1-2009. Does that USB function include DVR/PVR?

I have always enjoyed dealing with SatelliteAV. They are good people to deal with on the West coast and I would recommend them. We have never heard a complain from any of their customers.

About the DYNAMIC, just like Brian said, it is a temporary solution until the new receiver is out. Fortec ran out of the Mercury II faceplates, so instead of making new plates, they used a faceplate they have in stock and called the new finished product DYNAMIC.

I will ass-u-me that it's a PVR
I wouldn't go that far until you see the specs. I've got a viewsat that has this terrific USB support (big logo on the box about it and everything). All the USB support is good for is loading channel lists and upgrades to the firmware - no PVR functionality. If they're going as far as wrapping an old receiver up in a new package and giving it a new name in order to make a few more dollars along the way, I suppose their idea of adding USB support may end up being just as cheasey (hopefully not, though!).

The Pansat 250SM had a USB port that only recently got firmware upgraded to PVR capable.

Since then, Pansat has a new low cost PVR unit called the 150M -- the PVR defining design feature being placement of the USB port on the back panel instead of behind a door on the front. :)

Maybe whatever the Pansat 150M is will get a different faceplate and become the Fortec Lifetimeshift.

Might they drop the price of the Mercury II now?

I'm on the verge of entering the world of FTA TV and was about to order a Fortec Mer II receiver, motorized with a 36" dual LNB dish,don't remember about the switch , the bundle price is about $300 before S/H, what do you guys think?
Thanks!

Maybe I am missing something - dual LNB with a motor? May be it is a dual feed LNB?
Or is it that one is circular and the other linear polarity? I think you can get a better price from one of our Gold sponsors.
Bob

I'm on the verge of entering the world of FTA TV and was about to order a Fortec Mer II receiver, motorized with a 36" dual LNB dish,don't remember about the switch , the bundle price is about $300 before S/H, what do you guys think?
Thanks!
If that is from either of the above recommended GOLD sponsors, I would guess you would not go wrong. But call the 800 number for either of them and talk to those in the know! ---- Then you will not go wrong. I will NOT recomend anyone else (well, maybe Mike Kohl - but I have not dealt with his company, yet, but he does appear to have things the others do not have and is on the forum, AND has high personal recomendations from many "Seniors" here.)
HTH - MPO
:cool: POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts