mesh dishes on craigslist

Status
Please reply by conversation.
July 4th 2011

"9 foot Satellite Dish FREE (Albany, WI)
Working 9 ft Mesh satellite dish with Motorola with DSR922 receiver."

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/2475244794.html

C Band Satellite Dish - $25 (Lapeer, MI)
Orbitron 8.5 ft C Band mesh satellite dish, mount, arm drive, C and Ku feedhorn and LNBs.
Also, 125 feet of ribbon cable and extra (new) C band LNB.

http://thumb.craigslist.org/ele/2474935935.html

Large Mesh Satellite Dish - $100 (Goochland, VA)
Large Mesh Satellite Dish for sale...buyer will remove and disassemble the dish...asking $100 or best offer.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/2462715573.html

Pretty pricey, but pretty:
11' Satellite Dish - $400 (Lakeside, CA)
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/for/2475606827.html

Can you change the address of the 9' with the receiver
for me so it is closer to my location???

I wish that some of those listings that you have posted here
for us recently were closer to me and I sure hope that most
of them do find good homes!

Post #1, the 7.5ft in Hanford, CA will be picked up tomorrow night. That is 60 miles South of me. Bought it sight unseen. Future project number 37...

Thanks, Toucan, I would have missed it. Guess I'll tell my wife when I roll into the driveway with it...

Why not, Dee?
'Cause it's high in the air, and there's no building to stand on?
Tell ya a little secret.
That dish is VERY LIGHT.... the motor doesn't weigh all that much, and I'll wager the mount is no serious tonnage.

Couple of years ago, I brought down a similar one that was 9' up in the air.
We took the light dish off the 65 lb AJAK motor, but couldn't get the motor off the pole.
So, I cut through the pole at the base, from the back side, 'till I was about 90% through the pipe.
Then, we bent the remaining pipe over and let it lower on the remaining tab of metal.

You just have to have several people who won't freak out when the heavy pole is coming their way, to hold onto the pole, and lower it to where the top rests on a ladder, holding the dish off the ground.
From that position, it's easy to work on and recover. - :up - ;)
Oh, and I got 9' of pipe without digging a shovel-full.

Why not, Dee?
'Cause it's high in the air, and there's no building to stand on?
Tell ya a little secret.
That dish is VERY LIGHT.... the motor doesn't weigh all that much, and I'll wager the mount is no serious tonnage.

Couple of years ago, I brought down a similar one that was 9' up in the air.
We took the light dish off the 65 lb AJAK motor, but couldn't get the motor off the pole.
So, I cut through the pole at the base, from the back side, 'till I was about 90% through the pipe.
Then, we bent the remaining pipe over and let it lower on the remaining tab of metal.

You just have to have several people who won't freak out when the heavy pole is coming their way, to hold onto the pole, and lower it to where the top rests on a ladder, holding the dish off the ground.
From that position, it's easy to work on and recover. - :up - ;)
Oh, and I got 9' of pipe without digging a shovel-full.

Well, the deal is, Houston is 100 miles from here to downtown. West Houston could be as much as another 20 miles. So it's a minimum of 200 miles round trip and maybe as much as 240 - 250 miles.. Dad doesn't have a trailer either. I have an ancient 80's Chevy van with no A/C and a last leg motor and Dad has an old 90's Chevy van without A/C. I don't know about his motor but his van is about 10 years newer than mine.

I know I don't trust my van for anything more than taking the dog to the vet. I don't think Dad drives his van out of town either..

I guess I'll just keep an eye for dishes closer to home. But if I see a freebee in this general part of the world I'll post it up for others to pick up.

I do still know where a huge 14 or 16 foot solid fiberglass dish that I KNOW is not being used. I would love to have it but it's just sooooo big that there is no way I could handle taking it down or transporting it or putting it up here. If it was within my capacity, I would. But I'm pretty limited in physical ability and my dad is like 74yro, I think..

:)

Oh, distance! ;)
That's certainly a good reason.

Well, I got both mine within a 20 mile radius of my home.
A reasonable distance, IMO.
Though, I did consider two others which were 100 and 185 miles from home.
When I found what I wanted closer, that was it! ;)

Be picky. Get what you want.
In the condition you want.
And close to home, too! - :up

It's out there waiting for ya.
But I do recommend driving around, taking new roads you don't normally travel, keep a sharp eye out, and maybe go with a friend.

Dee

Do you live in the "Golden Triangle"?
What size sat dishes are you wanting?

Yes I do. I was thinking of trying to find a 7 or 8' mesh dish for my folks so they can get Me and This on 87.

I myself wouldn't mind having an 8, 10 or 12' mesh to replace that banged up 6' WSI dish I have.

:)

Someone seriously needs to take a look at this dish!
I've see ones like it before, but I cannot place it.
It's the rim that stands out.
Might be a Paraclipse Hydro, but if so I can't see the holes in it.
Might be something else, possibly a spun dish, which would also be excellent.
If it's got the mount, and the dish isn't damaged, this is at least an "A" class dish worthy of your antenna farm.
Probably around eight feet, for those seeking something of modest proportions.

Attachments

• $86.satteliteIMG_20110710_155526.jpg
    $86.satteliteIMG_20110710_155526.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 276
Someone seriously needs to take a look at this dish!
I've see ones like it before, but I cannot place it.
It's the rim that stands out.
Might be a Paraclipse Hydro, but if so I can't see the holes in it.
Might be something else, possibly a spun dish, which would also be excellent.
If it's got the mount, and the dish isn't damaged, this is at least an "A" class dish worthy of your antenna farm.
Probably around eight feet, for those seeking something of modest proportions.

You're closer than i am..... Go for it!! My bookkeeper said "no more"...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts