mesh or solid?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfdevil83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Toronto
Today I went bud seaching. I found and contacted two local people that would be tickled pink to see thier buds removed. I also contacted another person who has a mint condition 8 foot mesh that intends to turn it into a gazebo and would not part with it. This was very sad! Anyway my question is if you could choose between a free mesh 10 foot dish and a 8 foot solid dish what would you choose? Both!!!! but then the wife... hmmm I guess I have too choose any suggestions? The only thing I can tell you about the solid is a lightening volt painted on the dish and it's solid.

contacted another person who has a mint condition 8 foot mesh that intends to turn it into a gazebo and would not part with it.

ask for parts they won't need like feedhorn , motor ect

if you could choose between a free mesh 10 foot dish and a 8 foot solid dish what would you choose? Both!!!! but then the wife...
i'ld say both you don't have to put them both up thats if the solid is a metal one if its fiberglass then go with the mesh. fiberglass dishes are very heavy .

If the 8' is solid metal then it will work better than a mesh for KU band. And 8' should be fine for C-band too.

If the 8' is fiberglass with embedded mesh then I would get the 10' mesh since it would be lighter and more wind resistant.

Get us a couple of pictures of both the front side and the back side of each dish.
If the weather covers are off the feedhorn, get several close shots of that from different angles, too.
All the better to determine what you've found.
There are guys 'n gals here with pretty much anything you can think of, and experience with same.

Get shots of what the gazebo fool is going to use, too.
If it's more desirable that something else you find, ya might trade him one of your dishes for his.
Perhaps he'd like a 10' gazebo.
Maybe he'd like a solid gazebo.
See where I'm going? :)
And as suggested, by all means get his mount, LNBs, scalar, etc!

Both dishes are over top of peoples houses and are free for the taking. The gazebo guy is just an idiot that won't even entertain the idea parting it out. I even offered $100 cash to take it away and he bluntly refused. The solid dish is fixed in one position with no motor or hh mount so I'm leaning towards both for one dish. It does have a red lightening volt on the top edge of the dish and looks very good. The dish is definatly metal not glass. I will post some photos as soon as i get them.

Red lightening volt? wow thats and Andrews dish, thats some quality stuff right there.

Yes they are, top self dishes, an they also bought out Channel Master over a year or so, now all CM dishes come with the red bolt on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts