Mesh sourch for older BUD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
one last squeek on the subject....

Well melgarga, I hate to rattle-on again off-topic, but in answer to your question there's more to my PV pointer than just solar tracking. The main use will be to automatically point my PVs away from the huge incoming hail we often get here in Dorothy/Toto country. I'm programmng a tiny IC chip called a PiC/AVR to do the automatic monitoring 24-7, and command the actual moving. As my non-techie neighbors would probably tell you, it's all done with smoke and mirrors. Actually, it's just part of my Green Acres, This ol Techie Victorian Hovel, lifestyle. :D
Around here the only thing certain is uncertainty itself. Do not adjust your TV set.... you are in the...... :cool: Now... aren't you sorry you asked? LOL

LOL................not sorry at all. I felt I was missing something on PV installations and applications, but used as protection from a hazzard makes good sense. Those puppy's aint cheap. Like I said, with the proper rebates and incentives I'd have a 4-5kw 'on grid' system up in a heartbeat. Austin, Tx has the best PV program I've seen, but there's virtually nada on the state or federal level.
A PIC guy eh?. There's at least one more PIC guy on the board as well. His handle is Cadsulfide, and I believe is pretty savvy on all things PIC too.
There was some discussion on a project for creating a stand alone polarotor control unit using uC's. I even dl'd some FW, SW, schematics, and pic'd [pun intended] up some parts and stuff to play around with for the project, but I have several irons in the fire, and spend most of my time chopping firewood to keep the fire going so I havent gotten back to that project...................in fact I read something over on the 4D forums that gave me more ideas on a polarotor project.........
PICs are interesting, and there are lots of sample applications and FW out there on the 'net, I wish I did have time to learn more than plug and play about them.
Well I guess we've abused this thread with plenty of OT discussion, although your the OP so it's really your call. I bet if we tried, we could find a proper venue for PICs to PVs and everything in between somewhere here on the board. Been good chatting w/you, and I'm looking forward to more, now get off the comp and go put that C bander in service so you can tell us all about it!.........lol
regards,
mel

elteng (alternate energy) is now outa here........

Enjoyed it here too mel, but I'd better PM you about the OT stuff so as not to get tarred or barred. Yeah, maybe us "electron-herders" can offer some innovative sat related tech solutions here and there, with any luck. It's easy to see what a nut or bolt is doing, but those pesky lil electrons take really good eyesight to see. As you know, we received thick glasses for that in electronics 101. Sorry... can't help the bad humor .... lived next to Monty Python(s) too long in the UK (England), and it rubbed off! :D I will however spare the forum my version of the infamous "Dead Parrot Sketch".......

more OT, too. :)

Oh, I don't know. I thought anything even distantly satellite-related was fair game over in the FTA Shack.
It's part of the overall FTA Department.

If it gets really interesting in the use of microprocessors, I might chime in. ;)

And as for Dead Parrots, I have had my own top-10 team in the SETI project for about ten years.
We are: The Knights Who Say Ni!
That's not so distantly related...

Oops, we're currently #4 in the stats !
Yes, that is our own stat site, and we have a forum, too. :cool:

Yikes!

Wow Anole! Mutant interstellar Pythonic Humor plus a GIANT dish? :eek: And I was afraid the "Dead Parrot Sketch" reference would go over like a Led Zeppelin. Now your SETI project really has a dish to be proud of ! Looks like I can cease standing out in my back 40 at night, screaming "beam me up Scotty there's.....". Don't think I can top that act......... SETI or the Knights.... :D

Well ya know... I'm here for your amusement.
So, if I brought a smile to the weary, I've done my bit. - :cool:

We Knights don't fool around when it comes to our dishes!

Ditto

Good on ya Anole, as they say in Oz. That's how I feel. I've faced enough "serious time" and adversity to stun a 6-ton Gargantuan Megabeast from Trall, so no harm in a little light humor to lighten the earthly load...at least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it..... !sadroll BTW, just found another recently up-rooted dish and I'm trying to find the owners in order to save it from the dreaded torch beast of Thrall. I'll post pics if I succeed. They're coming at me at such a furious pace that I may have to get a large vehicle with a winch and flashing red light ... and a neon sign on the side that says "Dish Rescue". :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)