Mets get Santana??

Good news for the Mets. As for the Twins, I think that they will really like Carlos Gomez. I did. He has a lot of the "p" word (potential), and could become a great player with speed and power. It's a crap shoot, but I think he'll turn out to be a plus.

Humber should have been used by the Mets last year instead of the dregs they brought up from the scrap heap. He got to pitch in one game in September with all of the chips on the table and didn't do that well, but if he had pitched earlier in the year the results may have been different.

Don't know much about the other two.

Good news for the Mets. As for the Twins, I think that they will really like Carlos Gomez. I did. He has a lot of the "p" word (potential), and could become a great player with speed and power. It's a crap shoot, but I think he'll turn out to be a plus.

Humber should have been used by the Mets last year instead of the dregs they brought up from the scrap heap. He got to pitch in one game in September with all of the chips on the table and didn't do that well, but if he had pitched earlier in the year the results may have been different.

Don't know much about the other two.

The beauty of baseball and other sports is the ability to evaluate talent. Baseball is like chess in more ways than one. :)
We'll know in a few years what they can do.
One thing I do know The Mets are going to be tougher.

Last season they needed a streak stopper; a starter that is going to give you a quality start and give your club a better chance to turn a losing streak the other way. I think Santana is that guy.

According to this site, as of Jan. of 2007, the ONLY guy in the top ten that they gave was Fernando Martinez.

Baseball America - Top 10 Prospects: New York Mets

1. Lastings Milledge, of
2. Yusmeiro Petit, rhp
3. Gaby Hernandez, rhp
4. Mike Jacobs, c/1b
5. Philip Humber, rhp
6. Carlos Gomez, of
7. Fernando Martinez, of
8. Anderson Hernandez, ss/2b
9. Brian Bannister, rhp
10. Alay Soler, rhp

That list is pretty old, dude. As of today, the only players on that list that are still in the Mets' organization are Martinez and both Hernandez'.

The beauty of baseball and other sports is the ability to evaluate talent. Baseball is like chess in more ways than one. :)
We'll know in a few years what they can do.
One thing I do know The Mets are going to be tougher.

Last season they needed a streak stopper; a starter that is going to give you a quality start and give your club a better chance to turn a losing streak the other way. I think Santana is that guy.

Oh so true Bijou. If they had Santana last season, they would have been in the playoffs. Las Vegas odds makers had the Met's as the leading choice in the NL (8-1) before this trade was made. They may be lower now. If Pedro bounces back, they'll have the best 1-2 combination in baseball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)