Mets get Santana??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So the Twinkies wait 3 months to pull the trigger on this, and this is all they got for arguably the best pitcher in baseball? I'm crossing the Twinkies of my list of contenders in the AL Central. The Mets would be arrested for grand larceny, except for the fact that the victim can't file charges, see as they are more of an accomplice in this crime. At any rate, I'm glad to see him out of the Tiger's division, and NOT in the hands of the Yankme's, or Bosox.

They will always use the "this player is off limits" just to bolster the value of the player being evaluated. Prime example is the Marlins when they stated in November that Dontrell and Miguel were "off limits/untouchable"....look at what happened THEN.....

I, personally, pay NO ATTENTION to ANY GM when they say a player is "off limits".....IF Wayne Gretzky can be traded in his prime.....ANYONE can....:rolleyes:

The funny thing is Wayne Gretzky was a prize of a card game. :D

So the Twinkies wait 3 months to pull the trigger on this, and this is all they got for arguably the best pitcher in baseball? I'm crossing the Twinkies of my list of contenders in the AL Central. The Mets would be arrested for grand larceny, except for the fact that the victim can't file charges, see as they are more of an accomplice in this crime. At any rate, I'm glad to see him out of the Tiger's division, and NOT in the hands of the Yankme's, or Bosox.

Makes you wonder if we could have had Santana if we had waited abit longer ....

Jimbo

How you doing Jimbo? I seriously doubt that, see as they are in our division. And I don't mean that the Twins would have to face Santana, but that we would have to face the four prospects we sent to the Twins. When you think about it, we still had better players we could have traded then the Twinkies got from the Met's.

How you doing Jimbo? I seriously doubt that, see as they are in our division. And I don't mean that the Twins would have to face Santana, but that we would have to face the four prospects we sent to the Twins. When you think about it, we still had better players we could have traded then the Twinkies got from the Met's.

That was my point.
Wern't we offering Miller and Maybin and a prospect for him originally, before the Cabrara deal ?

It all comes down to either the Mets are very lucky or the Twin organization is stupid. I vote for the latter. Best pitcher in baseball and only you get is crap from the minors. Wow the Twins Gm won the GM of the year for the worst decision ever. This could be the worst blunder a GM has done since Jim Bowden let Soriano file for free agency without any prospects in return.

That was my point.
Wern't we offering Miller and Maybin and a prospect for him originally, before the Cabrara deal ?

Would you want to face Maybin's bat 18 times a season? Or Miller 4 times? Ok the last one is still better than facing Santana. (All though I think we did pretty good against Santana, that's from memory, too lazy to look it up. I could be wrong.) Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make, and the Twins shouldn't have made this one.

(All though I think we did pretty good against Santana, that's from memory, too lazy to look it up. I could be wrong.) Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make, and the Twins shouldn't have made this one.
ah no, your team has been horrible against santana overall, last year was okay but thats was an anomoly

Why the hell do you care if the twins made the trade or not, lets face it now with johan gone your DREADFUL Tigers stand to win 4-5 more games per year now that they dont hace to face santana

ah no, your team has been horrible against santana overall, last year was okay but thats was an anomoly

Why the hell do you care if the twins made the trade or not, lets face it now with johan gone your DREADFUL Tigers stand to win 4-5 more games per year now that they dont hace to face santana

Didn't I tell you, I have a selective memory. :D
How do you feel about the proposed trade?

He will be a Met as long as they can work out a contract extension.

Would you want to face Maybin's bat 18 times a season? Or Miller 4 times? Ok the last one is still better than facing Santana. (All though I think we did pretty good against Santana, that's from memory, too lazy to look it up. I could be wrong.) Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make, and the Twins shouldn't have made this one.

So far, Maybin does not impress me, he's got speed and that P word ... Potential.
I would rather face Miller 4 times a year than Santana.

Jimbo

It all comes down to either the Mets are very lucky or the Twin organization is stupid. I vote for the latter. Best pitcher in baseball and only you get is crap from the minors. Wow the Twins Gm won the GM of the year for the worst decision ever. This could be the worst blunder a GM has done since Jim Bowden let Soriano file for free agency without any prospects in return.

Sean, I don't think it's a blunder. IF I am not mistaken, the Twins owner is one of the wealthiest , if not THE wealthiest, owners in ALL of baseball. BUT, he is also known as one of the cheapest. He just does not want to pay for the talent....period. And there will be MORE on the way.....

So far the terms (Years) seem to be a sticking point, they have till 5 pm tomorrow to complete it.

Jimbo

I was told he, as in Santana, wants more years and less money and the Mets want to give him less years and more money.....

Damn Santana life's really sucks....LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts