METV Channel 247

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
What is the latest for METV channel 247? I do not get that channel and my local sub channel station no longer has it too. I have the America's Top 250 service.

I get it as a "local" WJLP.

What ticked me off is when H&I sold WZME to Jimmy Swaggart, Dish didn't find another H&I feed so I have to get it with an antenna. But then isn't it a local?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What is it on 247? Is it a local or included in your package? I am in NJ and there a few locals around here for metv

I found it. In St Louis on OTA channel 24. Wonder why it isn't on channel 247 too!

If DISH carries your METV on satellite as part of your locals it appears they do not add the national feed 247 to your package. Getting METV as a local OTA should have no bearing. KNLC is an actual METV owned station isn't that in your locals package?

The reason I made the h&i comment above is because Metv owns them. And they had their channel as a local 42, but I can't get that particular station over the air, no is it any longer h&i!

I do not know the rhyme or reason for how they do it.

I thought it was determined that if Dish delivered MeTV as part of a DMA's local package, then those viewers wouldn't get channel 247.
I think you are correct. That appears to be my situation. In my DMA local package METV is on channel 24. It use to be on channel 004-2. Now that is COZI channel.

Reactions: JSheridan
What is my channels and how do you add it to list 1, whatever that is? You have completely lost me.

He meant maybe you don't see the channel if you are using a custom list of channels. Going to my channels or all channels would reveal it. In this case I don't think you get 247 because it appears to be part of your locals.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The reason I made the h&i comment above is because Metv owns them. And they had their channel as a local 42, but I can't get that particular station over the air, no is it any longer h&i!

I do not know the rhyme or reason for how they do it.

H&I moved to a wwor subchannel

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8
He meant maybe you don't see the channel if you are using a custom list of channels. Going to my channels or all channels would reveal it. In this case I don't think you get 247 because it appears to be part of your locals.
OK, thanks. I don't use a custom list of channels.

I do not know how many markets off METV or H&I in the locals package. But there are several. Seattle is one. They have both listed 44 KFFV as METV and 35 KVOS as H&I. I think a few markets even has Antenna TV in the Dish local package. It is up to the station what sub channel they offer Dish in the locals package. Most are the regular 2.1, 11.1, etc, but some will offer a .2 or .3 instead. I just it comes down to which channel has the best ratings in that market.

I do not know how many markets off METV or H&I in the locals package. But there are several. Seattle is one. They have both listed 44 KFFV as METV and 35 KVOS as H&I. I think a few markets even has Antenna TV in the Dish local package. It is up to the station what sub channel they offer Dish in the locals package. Most are the regular 2.1, 11.1, etc, but some will offer a .2 or .3 instead. I just it comes down to which channel has the best ratings in that market.
WOW, just did a OTA scan and discovered H&I on channel 024-03 in St Louis. I noticed all my OTA sub channels now have info in the guide. I guess I should re-scan OTA occasionally. What a nice surprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts