MGM puts hold on more BD releases

Fox distributes HV, so they won't be going anywhere. Just Fox's typical announce and delay. Still waiting for "Dances With Wolves" Fox.

S~

Even though I planted myself firmly in the HD DVD camp, I wish that there would be combo-devices, and all titles in all formats.

Even though I planted myself firmly in the HD DVD camp, I wish that there would be combo-devices, and all titles in all formats.

Best scenario for all that just care about the movies is that combo players become norm and cheap and both formats survive.

Isnt MGM a Sony company ?

No. It was a Sony led consortium that purchased MGM from that scheming Vegas billionaire Kirk Kerkorian (he's sold & bought back MGM several times).

Wikipedia -
On April 8, 2005, the company was acquired by a partnership led by Sony Corporation of America and Comcast in association with Texas Pacific Group (now TPG Capital, L.P.) and Providence Equity Partners.

I've seen it posted several times in forums that Sony's ownership is around 20%. But the other partners would obviously have a fight on their hands if they tried to get MGM's films on HD DVD.

They probably are mad at slysoft and want BD+ fixed again. I wonder if they would consider reallying POing the HTPC croud and release discs that do not play on PCs (i.e. exclude software DVD players keys).

They probably are mad at slysoft and want BD+ fixed again. I wonder if they would consider reallying POing the HTPC croud and release discs that do not play on PCs (i.e. exclude software DVD players keys).

I would hope not. There are a number of us out there who aren't ripping rentals and keeping them.

So you punish the honest people along with the rippers -- come to think of it isn't that what DRM is about? ;)

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts