Michael Bay Insults HD-DVD Fanboys

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Now believe what you will, but I would not argue with the director.

"I know the look, color, and sounds on my own movies better they anyone in the world. I color-time every single image, and am there for every single audio tweak. I see my films in the editing and final process no less then a 100 times. I know ever single nuance.

For some dick wads on these posts who think I can't make an informed choice on what format in the end, has the truer results for my own films. Well you where to shove.... My films finished in Blu-Ray are better - more true.

Hd is better than DVD, but just not as good as Blu-Ray. So buying a Transformers Hd is still the best you will see this movie as of today. But when Paramount caves for Blu-Ray in the future - This will happen, then you will see Transformers one day finished in Blu-Ray and I will sure be able to tell the difference."

Blu-Ray Bay - Page 8 - The Official Michael Bay Forums

Now believe what you will, but I would not argue with the director.

"I know the look, color, and sounds on my own movies better they anyone in the world. I color-time every single image, and am there for every single audio tweak. I see my films in the editing and final process no less then a 100 times. I know ever single nuance.
For some dick wads on these posts who think I can't make an informed choice on what format in the end, has the truer results for my own films. Well you where to shove.... My films finished in Blu-Ray are better - more true.

Hd is better than DVD, but just not as good as Blu-Ray. So buying a Transformers Hd is still the best you will see this movie as of today. But when Paramount caves for Blu-Ray in the future - This will happen, then you will see Transformers one day finished in Blu-Ray and I will sure be able to tell the difference."

Blu-Ray Bay - Page 8 - The Official Michael Bay Forums

What can I say..
This is great, I guess the word from the movie director is more important than anyone else's.
Transformers on Blu-ray to look better? I can't wait to see this one!

If Bay says the movie looks better on Blu-ray, you better believe it :). He is the director.

BTW, I found this to be really funny:
michaelbaybluray.jpg

Last edited:
Well all I can say is this TF looks great in HD DVD but I still have the original 1080p trailer on my PS3 and I must say, it looked WAAAAY BETTER! The colors are crisper and more defined, whereas the HD DVD version seemed very grainy! Now whether or not the actually Blu-Ray version would have looked the same no one knows but given most of my BDA collection looks great anyway I would agree with M.Bay on this one!

lol, nice.

But back to vurbs statement, I shouldnt be suprised, but are we to assume that everyone who doesnt agree with his view is an alcoholic?

Nah we are to assume that he is a raging alchy who needs to get into rehab really bad. :D

I mean the WB already shifted the victory. But with HD-DVD 51 size is not a good argument anymore. And if he is saying technology is different he needs to learn how to research more. (they are both blue Diode lasers).

Blu-ray doesn't look better than HD-DVD. I have seen a few movies that were done in both and they look the same to me.

Nah we are to assume that he is a raging alchy who needs to get into rehab really bad. :D

I mean the WB already shifted the victory. But with HD-DVD 51 size is not a good argument anymore. And if he is saying technology is different he needs to learn how to research more. (they are both blue Diode lasers).
Haha, maybe.

Just for the record, I am not saying Transformers looks bad on HD-DVD, as a mtter of fact, i think it looks great! Just wondering how he came to his conclusion. Oh well, no big deal

Blu-ray doesn't look better than HD-DVD. I have seen a few movies that were done in both and they look the same to me.
Yup. The only thing I can think of is that the movies may be encoded at higher bitrates but I think we have gone beyond the point with bitrates where there is any visible improvement in VC-1. As for grain the studios creating the disc add that sometimes. Often if they don't things look very cartoonish or they add too much and get a comic book affect like in the 300. I prefer a small amount on grain myself.

I agree with this

+1

I've enjoyed both formats for some time now, and they both have great releases. IMHO, Pan's Labyrinth HD DVD is the best video & audio quality for a live action film I've seen in either format; Ratatouille BD is the best animated film.

As for Mr. Bay, for the Director of the 3rd biggest grossing film of the year to publicly call some of his fans who post on his web site "dick wads" and tell them "where to shove it", IMHO he is either a drunk, or himself a "dick wad". :(

+1

I've enjoyed both formats for some time now, and they both have great releases. IMHO, Pan's Labyrinth HD DVD is the best video & audio quality for a live action film I've seen in either format; Ratatouille BD is the best animated film.

As for Mr. Bay, for the Director of the 3rd biggest grossing film of the year to publicly call some of his fans who post on his web site "dick wads" and tell them "where to shove it", IMHO he is either a drunk, or himself a "dick wad". :(
He could just be an A$$hole like everyone else in Hollywood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)